Principal Data Engineer - India(We Work)
GoDaddyDie Komplettlösung für das Wachstum im Internet. Wer jetzt den kostenlosen Testzeitraum beginnt, kann eine elegante Website gestalten, einen Domainnamen erwerben, schnelles Hosting erhalten, unser Online-Marketing ausprobieren und erhält...
Location Details: India( We Work)
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a hybrid position. You’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office, so you should live within commuting distance. Hybrid teams may work in-office as much as a few times a week or as little as once a month or quarter, as decided by leadership. The hiring manager can share more about what hybrid work might look like for this team in the future.
Data is the most valuable asset in GoDaddy, and the Data & Analytics organisation (DNA) is in the centre for building an enriched and valuable ecosystem of data platform, data services & strategic technologies like analytics, machine learning, AI & experimentation that drives innovation for our partners and clients, serving as integral platforms for generating revenue and competitive advantages, within GoDaddy and globally.
We are a team dedicated to developing sophisticated technology, systems & services to make data secure, high quality, rich, fast, and easy to use, enabling GoDaddy the ability to use its data assets to build competitive differentiators and enhance business value!!
What you'll get to do...
- Collaborate with our Business Analytics & data science teams, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions
- Mentor junior software developers and build a strong team
- Model data and metadata to support discovery, ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
- Design and implement data pipelines using Hadoop, spark, and AWS services such as S3, RDS, Kinesis, Glue, Redshift, & EMR
- Partner with security, privacy, and legal teams to deliver solutions that comply to GoDaddy security and privacy policies
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of datasets our BA teams will use to drive key business decisions
- Develop and promote standard methodologies in data engineering, including scalability, reusability, maintainability, and usability.
- Tune and ensure compute performance by optimising queries, databases, files, tables, and processes
- Ensure data & report SLAs are met
- Analyse and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
- Own continuous engineering operational excellence of the datasets that drive key business decisions
- Learn and understand a broad range of GoDaddy’s data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use
- Keep up to date with advances in Big data technologies and run pilots to design the data architecture to scale with the increased data volume using AWS
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for datasets
- Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical field
- 10+ years of experience in data architecture and business intelligence
- 3+ years of experience in developing solutions in distributed technologies such as Hadoop, hive and spark
- Experience in delivering end to end solutions using AWS services – S3, RDS, Kinesis, Glue, Redshift, & EMR
- Experience in programming using Python, Java, or Scala
- Expert in data modelling, metadata management, and data quality
- SQL performance tuning
- Strong interpersonal and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- An ability to work in a fast-paced ambiguous environment where continuous innovation is occurring.
- Experience with a BI reporting tool
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs