Data Science Manager
Remote - Portugal
QuintoAndarEncontre a casa da sua história. A maior plataforma de moradia do Brasil. Agende visitas online, negocie com o proprietário e assine contrato digital. Transparência e visibilidade sobre todas as etapas na hora de comprar um imóvel. Aluguel...
QuintoAndar is the most valuable proptech in Latin America, leading the real estate market in around 6 countries and 70 cities around the globe. Every day we open doors so people can live better by reducing hassle and facilitating housing mobility.
After winning Brazil with a pioneer business model in Rental, Sales, and Brokers market, we have recently acquired the Navent Group, which owns the number #1 clasificación en México (Inmuebles24), Argentina (Zonaprop), Perú (Adondevivir & Urbania), and Ecuador (Plusvalia) - among others.
We offer an end-to-end ecosystem for Brokers, Agents, and consumers, delighting the ones looking to rent or buy a home, sell a property and unlock a transaction. Think about zero paperwork or bureaucracy: everything happens in-app, with transparency and speed alongside amazing human support. We are currently valued at over US$5.1 billion (Aug 2021) and keep growing 4x year over year, breaking records and pushing the bar up.
To make all this happen, we count on over 4 thousand talented people working very hard with cutting-edge technology and the best design practices to ensure a seamless experience during the entire sales and rental processes, also combined with smart financial products.
But that isn't all.
As a team, we make it happen together. Supported by a strong culture, our brilliant shapers enjoy collaborating, are honest and trust each other. The combination of our shaping DNA and fair play makes QuintoAndar a stimulating, delightful and unique place to work at.
Are you ready to join an exciting tech-driven destination for bright people? We might have the right opportunity for you.
Be part of the Portuguese landing team
In 2022, we arrived in Europe with our first technology office outside Brazil. Portugal was the country chosen to start this journey. Our landing team is located in Lisbon and will interface directly with our Brazilian team. We want to be close to the European technology ecosystem and spread our innovation DNA in the new country. This is just the beginning. We are building a global playbook and expect to expand to other countries right after Portugal.
Our positions are based in our brand new subsidiary in Lisbon. Due to Covid-19, we have adopted the "remote-first" model, which means our teams are mainly working from home. Soon we will have a physical office in Lisbon and our team can use it whenever required. We have a global mobility team working to provide the best and safe experience for all employees and partners.
At QuintoAndar you will:
- Work with a top-notch team that uses the best practices and best tools.
- Learn a lot.
- Be part of a high-impact project that will affect many people's lives.
- Work in an informal environment and horizontal hierarchy.
Data Science Manager responsibilities at QuintoAndar:
On top of being a great Data Scientist, we expect you to
- Lead a cross-functional team of 3-6 Data Scientists and Software Engineers to architect, develop and deploy machine learning systems to production;
- Be a reference and build a great team by both recruiting great talent and helping them grow;
- Discuss business requirements with the Product Manager on a deep level and anticipate risks;
- Proactively identify the best solution to a given business problem and lead the team to plan and deliver it;
- Be willing to be hands-on, when needed.
About our selection process:
It usually takes around 40 days (from your applying to the end) and follows this steps:
1. Application Screening
2. Phone interview with Recruiters
3. Remote Interview with the Data Science Team
4. Remote Interview with the CTO and/or stakeholders
5. Reference check + Offer
Important: Our recruitment process starts at the application form! If you really wish to be a part of our team, endeavor to do well at this stage of the process. We analyze all the candidates individually. Yes, we do read all applications and we’ll reply even to those who won't follow the process.
What we are looking for
- Deep understanding of machine learning concepts: regression and classification, clustering, neural networks, feature selection, cross-validation, curse of dimensionality, bias-variance tradeoff, model explainability, etc.;
- Strong knowledge of probability and statistics, including experimental design, predictive modeling, optimization, and causal inference;
- Good understanding of the engineering challenges to deploy machine learning systems to production;
- Proficiency in Python or another major programming language;
- Someone up-to-date with recent advances in Machine Learning, and willing to share his/her knowledge with the other members of the Data Science Chapter;
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills;
- Experience leading teams and managing careers.
You'll stand out if you
- Have experience in the Real Estate market or in two-sided marketplaces;
- Have experience working at fast-growing startups;
- Have experience building large-scale recommendation systems;
- Are up-to-date with cloud solutions (preferably AWS).
Other jobs like this
Research Scientist, Computer VisionClassification Computer Vision Deep Learning Engineering Excel Machine Learning Python PyTorch Research Scala +2
401(k) matching Career development Conferences Flex hours Flex vacation +7
Lead Data Scientist, SpainAgile Big Data Data visualization ETL Machine Learning Microservices ML NLP Python Recommender systems +4
Career development Competitive pay Startup environment
Recorded Future, Inc.
Lead Software Engineer, Data AnalyticsAPI Development AWS Data Analytics Distributed Systems Elasticsearch Engineering ETL Machine Learning ML MLOps +8
Career development Flex vacation Salary bonus Startup environment Team events
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs