Azure Data Engineer
Posted 6 months ago
You will lead the evolution of our next-gen Data Platform, which will enable our data analysts and data scientists to develop insights and models that actively drive our business, and that of our international clients, to improve every single day. You will be handling the back end operations of our Data platform and support in new implementations in our cloud architecture. You enjoy to teach and share the knowledge with your data team!
You are the Azure Data Engineer: your growing experience in the fields of data engineering, data warehouse design, in cloud environment of Microsoft Azure, will help you to ensure that 5CA can effectively continue to feed data into our data platform. Furthermore, you will be responsible for ensuring smooth optimized services with business requirements so that we can continue to generate state of the art data reporting & data analytics on crucial aspects of our business. You are someone who is not only flexible, but who actively thrives in such a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Perform regular maintenance activities and ensure SLAs and KPIs are met.
- Ensure that our data landscape can keep up with the rapid growth of our business;
- Maintain the current suite of systems running on Microsoft stack (SSIS, SSAS, C#, T-SQL and PowerBI)
- Set up the data model and develop data pipeline from scratch in the target architecture (Big Data and Cloud);
- Handle near real time processing of the data and make it available to business accurately.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality;
- Building up tailored solutions to meet business needs, executing the solutions;
- Collaborate with fellow Data Analysts to ensure the data will be effective and efficiently consumed.
- Work directly with the data scientist team in understanding their needs for preparing large data sets for machine learning
- 4 to 6 years of IT experience in Azure Cloud and Microsoft database.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in Azure data services like Data Factory, Data Bricks, Event Hub, and Synapse.
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on experience in SSIS and T-SQL.
- Experience in C# and PowerBI is a plus
- Experience in Azure DevOps CI/CD is a plus
- Remote working opportunity, with flexible working hours in EMEA timezone or working from the office in a great location in Utrecht: two minutes from the central train station
- A fast-growing organization (double digit growth!) and an international, inclusive company culture;
- An inspiring environment with young, brilliant and creative professionals with which you will have lots of fun working together with;
- Continuous learning and plenty of opportunities for growth within your field of expertise.
5CA provides people around the globe with outstanding customer support. We use their preferred channel, in their own language, at the time that is most convenient to them. We love hiring and working with geeks: people who are enthusiastic and engaged with gaming, tech, and digital topics. It is our successful Work From Home program that allows us to attract similarly minded and highly talented people, without being limited by geography. We’re passionate in what we do, deliver a great customer experience. And most of all we’re passionate about who we work with!