Business Intelligence (BI) Data Specialist
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Business Intelligence (BI) Data Specialist’s role is to plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the integration of data across various sources into an organized and unified view. This individual is also responsible for the integrity of data and the monitoring of data flow between databases, servers and Cloud services.
This position will aid in the design and development of complex financial, sales, and marketing reports as well as administering a Data Warehouse program designed to enhance reporting capabilities utilizing JetReports, Power BI, Excel, Access and other analytics tools in order to deliver efficiencies and improve business awareness for organizational leadership.
As part of a global company, the BI Data Specialist is expected to assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for BI development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders to meet the demands of the organization as a whole, in accordance with local, regional, national and international regulations.
Data Integration & Report Development
- Develop analytic reports and dashboards utilizing various databases and third-party data files.
- Identify and implement the most suitable reporting architecture for the organization’s needs.
- Maintain high standards of data quality through the introduction and enforcement of information handling processes and organization of reporting processes.
- Serve as a liaison between department’s analytical needs and technical data storage systems and files.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to document requirements for reporting.
- Manage all database processing functions, including merge/purge, data hygiene, data appends, and coordination with 3rd party vendors.
- Identify issues in data quality that would impact reporting (i.e. duplicate records, missing data, etc.)
- Ensure high level of CRM data quality and structure
- Direct, organize, and lead projects in the implementation and use of new BI software tools and systems.
- Lead the integration efforts for merging BI platforms with enterprise systems (Microsoft NAV) and applications.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
- Act as evangelist for BI benefits across the organization; promote BI usage to relevant departments.
- Mentor and/or provide leadership to other members of the team.
Business Intelligence & Data Mining
- Identify strategies for evaluation of key performance indicators (KPI’s), quality metrics, outcomes evaluation, population management studies, etc.
- Identify methods of data visualization and presentation principles to ensure effective and impactful communication of projects to management.
- Maintain trends and track various measures to fully utilize the capabilities of databases and data files.
- Work diligently to enhance or improve business processes via integration, or, as necessary, minimize the impact of integration on those processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in report development, business / customer intelligence, data management or business analysis
- Strong knowledge and experience in creating parameterized reports, drill down reports and scheduled reports
- Knowledge of relational database design and data management techniques.
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts (e.g. Data Marts, Facts/Dimension tables, Star schema etc.)
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Ability to interface with executives, functional managers, 3rd-party providers, and employees
- Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role.
- Previous Experience with Financial Reporting
- Previous experience with reporting results to executive-level stakeholders.
- Experience with JetReports, Access, SSAS, Tableau or Power BI
- Familiar with Microsoft DynamicsNAV ERP
- Familiar with CRM systems
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.