Paiania, Attica, Greece
INTRACOM TELECOM is a global telecommunication systems and solutions vendor operating for over 40 years in the market. The company innovates in the wireless access and transmission field, offers a competitive telco software solutions portfolio and combines its offerings with a complete range of professional services.
Our mission is to shape future through technology and we recognize that human capital is the key factor to achieve this in today's business environment. Our company's highly specialized and experienced personnel are pivotal to achieving demanding objectives and advancing the capabilities of the company to better serve its customers. Within this framework, we are looking for an agile and highly-motivated “Data Scientist” to join a team of future shapers.
The Data Scientist will join a team which designs intelligent products and solutions for all business verticals of INTRACOM TELECOM.
He/she will be involved in the following activities:
- Understand customer’s business problems and identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions
- Mine and analyze data from various data sources to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Identify candidate models and algorithms matching the business problem
- Coordinate with different functional teams to design models and monitor implementation and outcomes.
- Evaluate model quality & tune candidate algorithms/models
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Prepare Technical proposals
- Technical Presentations & Demos to customers
- University degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or other related discipline
- MSc in Data Science, Business Analytics or other similar major will be considered a strong plus
- At minimum 5 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, as well as being familiar with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, kafka etc.
- Experience with text analytics
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of AI and machine learning techniques and their real-world advantages/drawbacks will be considered an advantage.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts and experience with applications.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Strong command in English language
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Availability for short travels
NICE TO HAVE:
- Familiarity with IT transformation analysis, design and/or projects
- Knowledge of Telco or Banking markets
- Strategically thinking
INTRACOM TELECOM provides an excellent working environment which encourages team spirit, cooperation and continuous learning, in which the career prospects depend on each employee’s performance. Remuneration is competitive and aligned with the company’s credo “our competitive advantage is our human capital”.
Education and continuous personal improvement constitute major priorities for the company to keep abreast with the technology evolution and maintain the high growth rate and its strategic position.