Please insert Job Posting Text Here, following this template format:
Job Title: Data Engineer
Dept: Business Analytics
FLSA: Salary / Hourly, Exempt / Non-Exempt, Full-Time / Part-Time
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for someone passionate about data, to join our growing team as a Data Engineer. This individual will help maintain Digital Trends’ BI datastores as well as ensure that ETL data pipelines are functional and deliver on time. The Data Engineer will work closely with the Senior Data Engineer and the Data Analysts to ensure reliable and performant delivery of critical data from multiple disparate sources for regular analysis and reporting. The Data Engineer is an expert in python-based ETL/ELT with experience in SQL and Cloud administration (AWS).
What You'll Do:
- Monitor all data pipelines for accuracy and availability. Troubleshoot and resolve any problems that occur.
- Respond to ticket requests from the Data Team for data corrections and pipeline updates.
- Cloud infrastructure monitoring and maintenance with a focus on reliability and performance.
- Create reusable scripts and programs for data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL).
- Work closely with other departments to understand their business needs and proactively engineer data solutions
- Serve as subject matter expert on our pipelining solutions and cloud infrastructure
What We Require:
- 3+ years of Python experience (with a focus on Pandas, NumPy, Boto3, Luigi, and API protocols such as REST and OAuth)
- 2+ years source code management experience (Git preferred)
- 2+ years relational database experience (Redshift preferred or SQL Server, MySQL)
- Ability to maintain current and accurate process and project documentation
- Familiarity with BI Visualization platform integration (Looker preferred)
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to work in an office environment and occasionally from home as needed.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate and provide feedback effectively to others.
- AWS Certification and/or extensive cloud infrastructure experience
- Familiarity with AWS or similar services: Redshift, DynamoDB, SQS, SES, Lambda, Cloudwatch, S3, IAM, EC2
- Familiarity with High Availability infrastructure
- NoSQL and Graph database experience
- Familiarity with Agile Kanban methodology and related technology (Atlassian JIRA)
- Snowplow Analytics experience
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive benefits package including:
- Individual and Family Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-term Disability
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) Program
- 401k plus employer match up to 3.5%
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre-tax Commuter Transit and Parking Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Fun working environment! Our perks include:
- Free beer and kombucha on tap
- Free espresso
- Free drinks and healthy snack options
- Foosball & ping pong tables
- Big-screen TVs
- Bike racks
- In-office shower
- In-office laundry machines (while testing them for reviews)
- Full kitchen and much more!
- Company paid annual Tri-Met commuter transit pass (PDX)
- Free membership to gym within building (PDX)
As an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.