Senior Software Engineer, Computer Vision (Stereo)
Palo Alto, CA
Posted 6 months ago
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We are looking for experienced software engineers to code computer vision algorithms using CUDA, OpenCL, and/or SSE instructions to enable real-time processing of data to improve our self-driving cars’ ability to navigate urban environments.
What you'll do:
- Your work will be essential to fielding these vehicles and you will have direct exposure to real world data and feedback, and the satisfaction of having contributed to a state-of-the art autonomous vehicle.
- You will be part of a broader perception team and will participate in discussions and brainstorming.
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field
- Strong background developing with C++ including the use of templates, multiple-inheritance, and abstract classes
- Significant experience optimizing code to be both compute and memory efficient
- Knowledge of and experience with CUDA, OpenCL and/or SSE programming
- Software system architecture design
- Good communications skills
- Experience in Linux environments is desired
- Experience developing, calibrating and testing stereovision systems, preferred
- Knowledgeable in areas pertaining to computer vision, preferred
- Knowledgeable about the phenomenology of vision sensors, preferred
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup