Data Analytics Engineer
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
The Customer Success team at Remitly is responsible for earning lifetime loyalty and trust from customers by promptly answering their questions and resolving issues with their transactions. As a data analytics engineer on this team, you will work with operations leaders, data analysts, and data engineers to build, curate, and optimize the data pipeline we use to monitor our performance and identify future areas of improvement. You will be accountable for maintaining the integrity of our data warehouse, writing ETL jobs and coding API integrations, building technical solutions for reporting and real-time insights, and supporting our analytics team by crafting datasets that are designed for efficient and accurate analysis. The quantitative insights you bring will have an out-sized impact on the business. You will report directly to our Manager of Data Analytics.
What You’ll Do
- Become a subject matter expert on our data tools and pipeline, working with the wider engineer & analytics teams to build trust and deliver consistency across the business.
- Serve as the owner of operational data, ensuring its accuracy and timeliness.
- Own data integration, ETL processes, and data management capabilities of the team.
- Monitor system performance and identify necessities in our platform.
- Design and refactor database tables to optimize for efficiency, discoverability, and ease of use.
- Create data requirements to ensure successful product launches.
- Own documentation of procedures and deliver basic training on key tools and upgrades.
- Understand, ideate, and create core definitions of key metrics & dimensions used by the analyst team.
- Retrieve and analyze large datasets using SQL and other technologies.
- Support cross-functional teams with ad hoc queries, data requests, and general data analysis.
Who You Are
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience in data integration and/or ETL frameworks
- Experience in software development using object-oriented programming languages
- Experience with creating and deploying solutions that are hosted in cloud platforms like AWS, Salesforce, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Git/Github or similar version control systems
- Strong alignment to our mission and values
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills with a data-driven mindset
- Ability to partner effectively with management and internal teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Preference for candidates with experience in developing large scale dataware (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, SCALA)
- Preference for candidates with experience with data visualization and related tools (e.g. Tableau)
Who we are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer