Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
If you are applying for this role, you are a person who affines towards data driven description of anything that affects business . A Data Analyst interprets data and turns it into information which can offer ways to improve a business, in turn affecting business decisions. Data Analysts gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends – as such a Data Analyst job description should highlight the analytical nature of the role. Once data has been gathered and interpreted, the Data Analyst will report back what has been found in a comprehensive study to the wider business/relevant colleagues.
- Make recommendations about the methods and ways in which a company obtains and analyses data to improve quality and the efficiency of data systems.
- Take up advocacy roles when supporting best practices.
- Collecting and interpreting data, whilst making use of IT/Big Data platforms.
- Analysing and Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business.
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets.
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases
- Working alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs.
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes.
Requirements & Skills
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Applicants with experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop) are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Experience with NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, MongoDB will be highlighted as an added bonus.
- Experience with tools like GitHub, GitLab, Confluence, and Jira would be an added advantage
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics is preferred.