Machine Learning Engineer, Ads Relevance
Palo Alto, CA; San Francisco,CA
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Pinterest is on a mission to help millions of people across the globe to find the inspiration to create a life they love. Within the Ads Quality team we try to connect the dots between the aspirations of pinners and the products offered by our partners. You are responsible for developing and executing a vision for the evolution of the machine learning technology stack within Ads Quality. You’ll work on tackling new challenges in machine learning and deep learning to advance the statistical models that power the ads relevance and delivery that bring together pinners and partners in this unique marketplace.
What you’ll do:
- Develop state-of-the-art machine learning models to predict relevance using DNNs, transfer learning, and multi-task learning
- Scale the measurement of ads relevance by augmenting the human eval datasets with more content based and engagement based datasets.
- Develop precise relevance measurement solutions that are sensitive to A/B tests
- Drive cross functional collaboration with peers and partners across the company to enhance the state of the art in deep learning and machine learning at Pinterest
What we’re looking for:
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related field
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience
- Hands-on experience with building large-scale online machine learning applications
- Strong mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods
- Cross-functional collaborator and strong communicator
- Preferred, but not required, background in computational advertising