Bioinformatics Scientist, Data Operations
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable bioinformatics scientist to manage data operations and quality assurance for bioinformatics data delivered to our external clients and research partners. This position requires extensive experience with cancer genomics, precision medicine, bioinformatics pipelines, and pharma/research client delivery work-flows. Top candidates will also have experience deploying bioinformatics code and retrieving relevant data from relational databases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field questions and requests from internal and external customers - including pharmaceutical clients and research partners - regarding our bioinformatics pipeline.
- Use SQL, Python, Bash, etc., to retrieve relevant files and data from various bioinformatics databases for data delivery teams.
- Engage in cross-functional analysis with various teams within Tempus, including other scientists and clinicians, delivery teams, and operations team management to analyze cancer clinical sequencing data relevant to Partner/Pharma clients and respond to their specific questions.
- Communicate findings in a clear and logical manner to help stakeholders make scientific decisions based on your data analysis, oftentimes over the phone or at on-site meetings.
- Produce high quality and detailed documentation for all projects.
- Advanced degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, or genomics.
- Familiarity with relational database querying (MySQL, postgres)
- Familiarity with Python and/or R.
- Familiarity with statistical modeling.
- Limited travel may be required
Ideal candidates will possess:
- PhD in Bioinformatics and/or computational biology
- Pharma work experience
- Thorough understanding of bioinformatics data analysis pipelines.
- Demonstrated programming ability in relevant bioinformatic programming language(s)
- Work experience in cancer genetics, precision medicine, or molecular biology
- Significant work experience handling next-generation sequencing data
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience
- Strong background in statistical models and analyzing and resolving problematic data
- Familiar with cloud computing especially AWS a plus
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Specialist Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs