Software Engineer, Machine Learning Platform
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
With over half a billion rides and counting, Lyft is solving hard problems in a rapidly growing domain with a lot of data and creative solutions in Marketplace, Mapping, Fraud, Growth and beyond. While traditional approaches to optimization and problem decomposition are sufficient to disrupt transportation, building the next-generation platform for low-cost, ultra-immersive transportation to improve people’s lives warrants modern ML utilizing peta-byte scale data. Machine Learning Platform Engineers build solutions to automate the machine learning lifecycle and to enable rapid prototyping, large scale training and low latency real time serving needs for the entire machine learning community at Lyft.
If you are a critical thinker with experience in machine learning workflows, passionate about solving business problems using data and working in a dynamic, creative, and collaborative environment, we are searching for you.Responsibilities:
- Design scalable and fault tolerant systems for ML Platform.
- Design and develop solutions to automate Machine Learning tasks
- Work closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists and ML Engineers to develop solutions for scalable and efficient training and productionizing of machine learning models.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years of industry experience building distributed systems
- Experience with ML libraries like scikit-learn, Tensorflow, lightgbm, xgboost etc
- Practical knowledge of how to build efficient end-to-end ML workflows
- Experience building Machine Learning Infrastructure or Tools is a plus
- Experience with design patterns and test driven development
- Strong oral and written interpersonal skills
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.