Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Bangalore City Municipal Corporation Layout, Karnataka, India
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking Staff Machine Learning Engineers to be key members of the Risk Platform Engineering Team in Bangalore, India. You will be joining one of the first teams of engineers in our new Bangalore office, with an opportunity to help define our technical and team culture in India. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, collaborate effectively, can mentor junior engineers and operate highly resilient services. The person in this role will be critical in shaping Twilio's data and intelligence strategy to achieve consumer trust by stopping bad actors and bad communications.
Twilio is looking for a strong machine learning engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of shipping high-quality software. They also have:
- A Ph.D. or MS in Computer Science, statistics, or related field.
- 3+ years of applied ML experience in statistical and mathematical modeling such as supervised and unsupervised machine learning, deep learning, and/or reinforcement learning
- You have hands on experience developing, deploying and monitoring a large scale machine learning model in production.
- You are familiar with concepts related to testing and maintaining models in production such as A/B testing, retraining, monitoring model performance
- You’ve explored modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools (Kafka, Flink, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.) and demonstrated experience designing and coding in big-data components such as DynamoDB or similar
- You have a deep understanding of frameworks like - PyTorch, TensorFlow, or Keras, why and how these frameworks do what they do
- Proficiency in Python is preferred. We will also consider strong quantitative candidates with a background in other programming languages such as Scala/Java
- Plus: Experience developing products on AWS or Google Cloud Services.
- Plus: experience in configuration management for deploying, configuring, and managing servers and systems.
You live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be part of a small, high-impact and multi-talented engineering team. Show strong engagement in the team setting
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Passion for and demonstrated track record of executing product opportunities deeply grounded in customer needs
- DRAW THE OWL: Self-starter who can see the big picture and prioritize work to make the largest impact
- BE BOLD: Help us take one of the world’s most extensive communication data sets and transform it into leading-edge AI applications and products that solve meaningful customer problems
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborating and brainstorming product ideas with product managers, data scientists and engineers
- DON’T SETTLE: Experienced working at a massive scale with distributed, scalable systems, including making tradeoffs for consistency/availability
- NO SHENANIGANS: Experience successfully applying machine learning to real-world problems
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
The Consumer Trust Team is central to Twilio's continued growth. Our mission is to prevent consumer harm by offering products and services that protect our customers and help them authenticate their users. We also ensure that every call, email and message that is made using our service is wanted, safe and legal. To do this we need to continue to develop and evolve our products and services and ensure they are able to scale; driving Twilio to new heights of scale.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.