Business Intelligence/Data Engineer
Budapest, Budapest, HU
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Working as an active member of an Agile squad through iterations according to prioritized business epics of the product owner;
- Implementing new Analytics solutions and assets leveraging diverse programming languages (such as Python, NodeJS) and applications for ETL and visualization (e.g. Spark, Kafka, Airflow, Tableau, PowerBI, and Cognos Analytics);
- Supporting the operation/maintenance of existing production Analytics assets and performing regular maintenance;
- Following the rules, guidelines and recommendations of the internal Analytics service provider and collaborating with its support function to troubleshoot any product bugs;
- Participating in Agile ceremonies (e.g. iteration planning, standup, showcase, retrospective) to contribute to the breakdown of user stories and discuss the status of project requirements, tasks, blockers; providing input about completed and closed items;
- Continuously looking for opportunities to transform existing Analytics processes and being innovative in applied analytics techniques and business processes considering potential risks;
- Developing own technical skills and knowledge aligned with business strategy. Building the gathered knowledge into team knowledge;
- Educating users about Analytics Tools capabilities. Looking for the gaps where any education is needed and making proposal for it as appropriate;
- Building own network of technical experts;
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Required skills, education and experience:
- Fluent English
- University or college degree;
- Experience in Business Analytics (SQL, relational DB);
- Self-education skill;
- Creative and proactive thinking;
- Customer orientation;
- Teaming and collaboration;
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred skills and experience:
- Finance, accounting background/knowledge;
- Experience with Python;
- Experience with ETL, Data Modeling, Data Warehousing;
- Experience with NodeJS;
- Experience with Agile;
- Foundational knowledge/experience on Cloud Computing
- Machine Learning
- Data Science/Data Modelling
- Cognos Analytics, SPSS, DataStage, Tableau, PowerBI skills
- Spark, Kafka, Airflow;
- Working in a multinational environment
About Business Unit
Chief Information Office
The CIO organization at IBM is a global IT organization responsible for enabling the IBM corporation’s operations, transformation and workforce by providing he IT tools, solutions, assets and support that the company needs in order to achieve its operational and strategic goals. We at the CIO organization are responsible to maintain, develop and transform the company’s IT assets to provide the best IT solutions to the most important business problems and requirements. Besides running the existing legacy environment, we are looking for the best in class solutions and products to constantly renew and simplify the IT portfolio of IBM.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.