Data Analyst - Pricing
Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
The Pricing Teams at Beat work remotely in a dynamic and agile culture, to build a full suite of pricing features and strategies. Some of the team’s responsibilities include new pricing features such as waiting fees and cancellation fees, algorithms for Real Time Dynamic Pricing and Personalised Pricing and finally, Mapping and Routing solutions. The Pricing squads also develop the platforms and data pipelines to monitor, analyze and flawlessly deliver these features that create world-class experiences for our drivers and passengers.
As a Pricing Analyst, you dig into various data sources and provide meaningful insights to support the Pricing Domain in understanding the problems they are trying to solve. The ideal candidate is an expert in their craft and is experienced in using data to create insights for stakeholders across various functions such as big data and machine learning engineers, back-end developers, data analysts, product managers, designers, senior management and operational teams.
In short: You are an expert in analysis and best practices for our pricing strategies, as well as understanding market trends.
What you’ll be doing
- Supervise, analyse, visualise and communicate key insights and metrics to all parts of the business, including senior management
- Proactively use data and identify areas of opportunity to drive value and competitive advantage, by digging into different sources such as customer feedback, market trends, internal data, demand predictions, conversion funnel analysis or competitors’ data.
- Recommend solutions to complex business problems, with the ability to draft detailed documentation, share compelling data stories and support stakeholders with data and statistics.
- Proactively contribute to strengthening our experimentation framework efforts, by providing your expertise on metrics, statistics and visualisation of results.
- Lead the way for clean and reliable Pricing data, as well as collection of new data points to inform product decisions.
- Understand and analyse pricing queries from various areas, looking for common themes and root causes which can be addressed in future pricing solutions.
- Develop and implement competitive pricing solutions and operational processes that improve our ability to proactively and reactively measure and act on our pricing strategy.
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of real-time automated rules, systematically considering pricing optimisation alongside with business impact.
- Support and mentor other team members, as well as be an advocate for a data-driven approach across the organisation.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to create a set of training related to pricing guided by your insights and analysis.
This job is for you if you:
- 3+ years of proven experience in a quantitative or analytical role in creating software products and services.
- 1+ year experience working on Pricing-related projects.
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Advanced Analytics, or other quantitative discipline.
- Exceptional hands-on knowledge of SQL and databases querying.
- Programming skills to automate workflows and build reproducible analyses, using your tools of choice, that might include Python, R or similar languages.
- Hands-on experience in using leading data visualization tools (preferably Tableau) for producing engaging and useful insights.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to share compelling data-driven narratives.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving approach, and business acumen.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools, Spanish Lessons
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Commuter Benefits Program
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.