Machine Learning Engineer, Ads Targeting
San Francisco, CA
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Pinterest is one of the fastest-growing online ad platforms and our success depends on mining rich user interest and intent data to connect Pinners with the most relevant advertisers. The Ad Targeting team builds models and systems to connect the dots between the aspirations of pinners and the products offered by our partners.
What you’ll do:
- Build and improve the machine learning models for ads targeting
- Develop new techniques for inferring user interests from online activity
- Build ad targeting system to find the most relevant users for ads through interest, keyword and audience targeting
- Work on large scale data systems, backend services and product integration
What we’re looking for:
- MS or Ph.D degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- 4+ years of experience working with large-scale distributed systems
- Strong industry experience in machine learning/information retrieval
- Preferred, but not required, background in computational advertising