Expert Data Analyst
Holmdel, NJ or New York, NY
Vonage BI & Data Team Mission
We are a highly creative, energetic and results-oriented team that owns data and analytics delivery for the entire organization. This starts from data ingestion to corporate dashboards and includes data analytics to drive actions. The successful candidate is passionate about understanding customer needs, motivations, and behavior and enjoys discovering insights that help us deliver better outcomes like revenue growth, better customer experience, customer engagement and customer retention.
Why this role matters
As a Expert Data Analyst, you will be helping us on a journey towards a modern, self-serve analytics organization. You will get autonomy and ownership around large parts of how we interface with users, how they’re trained and around defining the boundary between “let me show you how to do this yourself” and “let me do this for you”.
Over the last couple of years, we’ve made significant investments into our data infrastructure and our data processing platform. This has improved the internal team processes, however, there is still room for improvement on enabling self-serve and using advanced analytics techniques to predict what will happen rather than what happened.
What you will do
- Work closely with constituents across the business (Sales, Marketing, Product, Customer Experience, Research and Finance)
- Develop insights and strategy to drive revenue growth from customer base
- Assist in annual budget planning and alignment
- Use data mining techniques and analyze core KPI's and generate insight to reach and improve on the target goals
- Support scalable client engagement strategies that drive profitable growth, engagement and retention
- Be our bridge and ambassador to the rest of the organization, championing for self-service data analytics and maintaining relationships with power user
- Be responsible for coordinating our user facing “Data Academy” education initiative to make sure our users can make the most of the data and reporting that we have
- Work closely with the rest of the BI & Data team to help make sure the data engineering work being done is well aligned to stakeholder needs
- We’re specifically not looking for someone to churn out reports for other people all day long
- Given the size of the team vs the hundreds of users we support, a large part of your work will be focused on finding ways to scale analytics via empowering our users so they are able to do what they are trying to do independently (while having support and training, if they need it)
Self-service analytics environment
- We’re using a modern analytics stack with Tableau as the visualization front-end and Snowflake as the DWH, where the majority of report development is done by our users, we also use Python, SQL and Airflow
- Rather than a report mill, the BI & Data team is there to empower and help users get their data and analytics work done themselves
What you will bring
We’re looking for an experienced analytics professional with practical experience implementing and scaling self-service analytics in a mid-sized organization.
What is required
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business, Economics, Statistics or Computer Science) and 5+ years of experience in data analytics role (preferably in a SaaS business)
- Required: MBA or Master’s Degree (preferably in Marketing Analytics, Data Science, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or Computer Science)
- Experience working independently with a wide range of stakeholders, from other analysts to senior management
- Advanced knowledge of fundamental analytical, statistical techniques, attribution results, forecasting, simulation and data optimization
- Strong technical capabilities with SQL, data warehouses, ETL processes, and data integration tools (Python, R coding/familiarity a plus)
- Knowledge of Sales, Marketing, Customer Support and Financial (Billing and Accounting) systems
- Skilled in Tableau or other BI Tools
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience driving self-service analytics adoption in a scalable way
- Worked in an agile environment and were able to bring structure where there was none before
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off.