Senior Data Scientist
WHO ARE WE?
UENI helps small and very small enterprises to go online. Unlike typical do-it-yourself website builders, we are a “do it for me” solution. The simple website is free and hosted on our domain, but it is search-engine optimized and includes personalized, high-quality content. Businesses can upgrade their sites with additional services like domain names, email addresses, advanced SEO, logos, and since very recently a high-quality Ecommerce platform.
Beyond online tools, we also offer third party solutions that a small business might need to help them grow. This includes business bank accounts, point of sale terminals, SMS marketing, online ads, loans and more. In this way, UENI is the one-stop-shop for all the tools a small business needs to grow.
Today we are signing up 3,000 businesses every day and we operate in 10 - soon 11 - countries in Europe, North America, South America and Asia. We are growing our global presence every month. To date, UENI has raised $30m mainly from successful entrepreneurs and we are just getting started.
The Data team at UENI is responsible for the development of insights that drive decision making at a strategical and tactical level, and for the gathering, development, distribution and visualisation of data that help other teams at UENI take their own data-driven decisions.
Responsibilities & Tasks to be performed
As a Senior Data Scientist, your job will consist of working with the business development, marketing and product teams to a) develop and prioritize recommendations that will grow the partnership business b) propose changes in marketing and product that enhance signup, lead, and conversion ratio, c) develop KPIs and reporting that summarize partnership situation, and d) develop models and recommendations that optimize operations.
Your main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understand the UENI business model and propose recommendations based on data to the business development, marketing and product teams that will help us grow our operations and the operations of our partners.
- Deep dive into historical trends, customer insights and product changes that impact customer behaviour.
- Present results, findings and recommendations to the Head of the Data Department and to the Management team.
- Develop reports that showcase different KPIs that affect the tactical decision making of the Marketing and Business development teams.
- Perform QA tests on data obtained from new systems or new products, ensuring that information matches reality.
- At least 4 years of proven experience as a Data Scientist.
- Ability to independently pull reports and do analysis to support the teams
- Ability to think critically about business and customers, questioning the underlying reasons of why things happen as they do.
- Derive insights and drive actions
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Experience in SQL and Google Analytics is required. Experience using predictive models in Python is a Plus.
- Ability to decompose complex problems in smaller manageable steps.
- Ability to learn quickly – we use multiple software tools to gather insights and get to conclusions