Senior Data Analyst
FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an extraordinary online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Senior Analyst, Early Lifecycle
The senior analyst will enable FreshBooks to derive insight from campaign and customer interaction data to manage customers early lifecycle with us. You love to solve a problem and have a knack for translating data into insights and presenting that information to stakeholders. You will be collaborating with your manager and a team that includes other analysts, data scientists, marketers, financial analysts, and developers all working together to drive growth at FreshBooks.
What you’ll do:
- Organize and execute analyses relating to customer experience including but not limited to:
- In trial and early lifecycle product usage, purchasing behavior, churn, etc.
- Provide insights to drive key product usage and drive upsell/cross sell opportunities
- Dashboards for core performance metrics
- Consult directly with internal clients to gather requirements, scope & execute
- Provide support for reporting and dashboarding to track core KPIs
- Complete regular ad-hoc analyses by translating raw data into useable information and insights:
- A/B testing for campaign treatments
- Email Send, Open, CTR, CTA etc. review
- Changes in usage behaviors (organically and due to marketing)
- Profiling and trending of customer segments
- Cohort based investigations tied to performance gains and losses
- Plan selection and optimization
- Designing, writing and implementing new reports, datasets and business intelligence tools to productionize ad-hoc analyses
- Assist (with Business Operations) in the building, development and maintenance of data models, reporting systems and tools that support key business decisions
- Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of reporting
What you have:
- Advanced knowledge of SQL & Python or similar
- 3-5 years in data analytics and/or business intelligence
- Quantitative background with strong analytical skills
- Experience using a dashboarding tool such as Periscope, Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Experience using LOOKER is a huge plus
- Experience in calculating and tracking LTV, CPA, ROI, churn, acquisition & related metrics
- Knowledge of Google Analytics (or a similar web analytics tool)
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.