AI/ML Engineer Intern (Zurich, Switzerland)
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Who We Are
Founded in 2017, Unit8 is a fast-growing Swiss AI and data analytics company dedicated to solving complex problems of traditional industries like automotive, chemical, finance, manufacturing and pharma. We work with some of the biggest organisations in Europe to solve the challenges that directly affect their business - be its operations, finance, manufacturing or R&D.
Our team comprises of world-class experts in Software Engineering and Data Science who previously worked for Silicon Valley companies like Google, Amazon, Palantir or Apple.
Unit8’s mission is to drive the adoption of AI and Data Science in the non-digital industries to help accelerate their digital transformation. Among its activities, Unit8 dedicates a part of its resources and time on projects that deeply matter to us - that includes collaboration on pro-bono and “engineering for good” cases.
Are You the team member we are looking for?
Unit8 is looking for AI/ML Engineer Intern to join our team in Zurich. You will have the opportunity to apply state of the art models, use cutting edge technologies in real-world, highly impactful challenges. As an intern, you are a true member of the team, working on current team priorities, being involved in every aspect of projects. You will learn to carefully analyze a given problem and apply the relevant tools and techniques to solve it.
- pursuing your BSc/MSc in CS or related major
- fluent in at least one JVM based programming language or Python
- familiar with performing data science analysis
- motivated and eager to learn different aspects of engineering and data science
- having prior work experience with AI/ML and data science (in general would be a plus)
- understanding the value of teamwork
What You’ll Do
Your role can evolve and will depend from our clients’ challenges. In general, you will:
- put your knowledge about data science and machine learning into practice by tackling problems that matter.
- work together with clients from different industries to acquire the domain knowledge needed to develop the right solutions.
- use software best practices in continuous integration and delivery, versioning and data evolution.
- work in multi-functional agile teams made of data scientists and software engineers to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
What We Offer
- Work on client projects that have a concrete impact on their business
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing service company with a start-up atmosphere
- Be part of an international team based in Poland and Switzerland
- Learning activities such ML Reading Group, knowledge sharing sessions with engineers
- Tailor-made mentorship program
- 10% of the time for self-development
- Cross offices/company wide frequent events like offsites
- Flexible working hours, including some home office when possible