San Francisco, CA, United States
Healthcare is complicated. But it doesn't have to be. Alto's mission is to fulfill medicine's true purpose—to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We are a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a patient-centric, technology-driven online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, we offer cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies.
Getting medicine to everyone who needs it involves a dizzying number of moving parts. We aim to make every aspect of that experience as safe, seamless, and delightful as humanly possible. That's why we're committed to fixing a broken pharmacy industry and enhancing the quality of life for others.
We recently raised our Series D, surpassed 600 employees across six locations. Our journey is just beginning, and we welcome you to join us in building a better pharmacy experience for all who need it, everywhere
To achieve our vision, we continue to invest in our Data Science & Analytics team to make a difference to our patients and providers. The Analytics team supports our product, growth, marketing, care, supply chain and operations team with insights on better product development and execution to have maximum impact. Our Data Science team will closely partner with Engineering, Product and Business organizations to develop solutions, processes as well as influence key business decisions via quantitative insights. Our ideal candidate has experience developing algorithms from the ground up, contributes innovative ideas, strong at execution, and is capable of planning out scalable, maintainable data pipelines.
- Develop solutions to achieve the OKRs at Alto
- Mine and analyze data from Pharmacy systems, Patient app, Supply Chain systems to improving our product offering
- Develop algorithms for maximum impact to the patient and the provider, increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, direct to consumer targeting.
- Optimize supply chain for efficient delivery to patients while reducing operational costs
- Develop Alto’s A/B testing framework and experimentation for product impact
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Embodies Alto’s mission and values - Patients Come First, Leave No Patient Behind, Start With Empathy, Focus On Impact, Think Rigorously, Be Humble
- Demonstrated track record of successful projects in applying quantitative techniques to improve a product or business.
- Domain expertise in one of the fields: statistics, machine learning, optimization, and economics.
- Holds a Masters degree or PhD in a quantitative field with at least 2 years of experience as a Data Scientist or Bachelors in a quantitative field and has at least 4 years of experience working as a data scientist.
- Has experience in data analysis, A/B testing, retention tracking, etc. (consumer product experience is preferred).
- Is proficient in data mining and statistics.
- Is very proficient in SQL as well as experience programming in Python, R, Scala, or an equivalent language.
- Has strong analytical and critical thinking skills as well as a strong bias toward actionable insights; loves finding insights and getting others to act on them.
- Is a self-starter with superior organizational and prioritization skills.