Are you the type of person who feels they could lead a team to solve any problem if they just had the right data? Are you someone who can spot the hidden trends in metrics and come up with compelling arguments to explain them? We are seeking a Data Analyst, Business Insights to help us better understand and manage the Poshmark business through rigorous data analysis and insights.
The ideal candidate will bring a strong business mindset for approaching problems and have superb technical skills in data extraction, manipulation and exploration. This is the perfect opportunity for someone with 2 - 3 years experience to gain valuable experience and drive decisions at the largest social commerce company.
- Work on a variety of analytics projects focused on delivering insights, dashboards and custom reports to drive a variety of decisions across the user lifecycle
- Extract required data from internal systems and perform exploratory data analysis to identify trends, patterns, correlations, and insights and provide business recommendations
- Develop a deep understanding of specific areas of the business and the key metrics to measure the performance of one of these areas: Marketplace Operations, Community Service, finance and overall business.
- Perform extensive QA on data to ensure the quality of data. Follow the standard process for reporting any issues identified and work with Data team to close the data issues
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities through systematic and rigorous measurement and analysis
- Maintain required documentation to ensure inventory of all key findings and growth opportunities
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams, learn and apply best practices from other teams and always strive for high quality deliverables
- Identify appropriate data elements required for a project and work with the Data Engineering team to implement the data collection needed
- Identify the opportunities for automated monitoring and work with engineering team to get the automation implemented
- B.A./B.S./equivalent degree with 2 - 3 years of analytics / business analysis experience OR M.S./equivalent degree with 1 - 2 years of analytics / business analysis experience.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and MS Excel. Experience with Python, Spark SQL, Scala, Big data and Looker is a huge plus.
- Strong business acumen is required. Experience in one of the business areas - Growth, Product, Marketplace Operations or Community Service is big plus.
- Ability to use data and metrics to back up business cases, planning, and decisions
- Detail oriented and expert in both qualitative and quantitative analysis with a passion for delivering actionable insights to key stakeholders.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate data, at a level appropriate for the audience
Poshmark is a leading social commerce platform for the next generation of retailers and shoppers. Through technology, our mission is to build the world’s most connected shopping experience, while empowering people to build thriving retail businesses. Since launching in 2011, Poshmark has become a vibrant social shopping community with five million Seller Stylists helping 60 million users discover items they love from over 100 million listings. The company is backed by the world’s leading investment firms including Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Temasek, Inventus Capital, Uncork Capital, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, or find us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we are constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of our business. Our culture is built around love and community, and embodies the mantra, embrace your weirdness aimed to empower everyone to embark on their own unique journey. We’re nothing without our amazing team of leaders, innovators and dreamers; the people who put all the pieces together to deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and development
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored insurance
- Smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Healthy and exciting catered lunches, snacks and beverages offered daily
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.