Senior/Lead Embedded DSP Engineer, Computer Vision
Sunnyvale, CA; Remote
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
As a Senior/Lead Embedded DSP Engineer on the Perception team, you'll be responsible for designing and developing high-performance production software with state-of-the-art computer vision capabilities. Your code will be part of the foundations of our 3D platform that enables the next generation of computing applications for many years to come.
- Develop state-of-the-art performance critical perception systems
- Own and drive highly visible performance metrics (e.g. latency, memory, bandwidth, power)
- Collaboratively work as part of a fast paced team, analyze and optimize a growing C++ codebase
- Help define performance standards for algorithms, develop and drive best practices (performance, maintainability, correctness, etc), lead all stages of the software development cycle and share knowledge
- Help drive the integration and development of necessary tooling and automation (profiling, testing/verification, monitoring, etc) that allows the team to move even faster.
- Help drive computing platforms for next generation products.
- 7+ years of professional experience with high performance / low latency applications with modern C++.
- Strong CS fundamentals, data structures and algorithms, problem-solving, high quality coding, code optimization, memory optimization, performance analysis, understanding of abstraction and modularity, critical path optimization and tuning.
- In depth understanding of computer architecture, computing bottlenecks, memory hierarchy, data coherency, caches, high performance architectures (VLIW, superscalar, etc), SIMD.
- Experience with low latency / high bandwidth real-time data pipelines, batch data processing pipelines, low power embedded systems, integration of specialized hardware acceleration blocks.
- Strong sense of curiosity, fast learner.
- Experience with kernel optimizations
Preferred / Additional Skills
- Computer vision
- Deep learning
- 3D reconstruction
- Numerical computing, modeling, simulation
- Sensors (camera, time-of-flight), image processing
- BA/BS in CS, EE or similar required. MS, Ph.D. preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.