Big Data Engineer Intern
Posted 1 month ago
App Annie delivers data and insights to succeed in the app economy.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
You will participate to the development that creates the world's #1 app stores analytics service.
Together with the team you will build out new product features and applications using agile methodologies and hot open source technologies.
You will work with Product Manager, Software Architects, and will be on the front lines of coding and have a chance to be an end to end data expert, which covers data scraping, data processing, data storage, data analytics/mining.
How will you be doing this?
- Implement and maintain core component for App Annie Unified Data System with high quality work while being confident in dealing with big data challenges
- Which is composed of data pipeline & unified storage(OLTP + OLAP) & insight data service engine
- Which is based on Cloud(AWS etc.) and Big Data ecosystem (Spark, Hadoop, Celery, Kafka, Citus, Postgresql, Hbase, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Carbondata etc.)
- Speed up data delivery and provide real time deep insights to customers based on hundreds of trillions rows and PB level data.
- Communicate well and clearly with teams over sea in both oral and written English.
- Becoming better at what you do every day.
What will you bring to the team?
- You should be a smart and patient learner
- Programming experience in Python(Numpy, Pandas and Scikit-learn) or Scala/Java is a big plus
- Programming experience in distributed computing and distributed storage is a big plus
- Strong problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good ability of communication
- Major in Computer Science or Math/Physics
- You’re an app fanatic, positively curious and a technology enthusiast.
What are employees saying about App Annie?
“App Annie gives me a big imagination in mobile internet and my career development.”
“App Annie is like our home, we all feel comfortable and free to work here.”
What do we offer?
- Great talents to work with
- International startup environment
- Free breakfast & lunch, snacks, fruit, good coffee and other delicious treats to keep you well fed.
- Detailed on job training from line manager
Why choose App Annie?
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. App Annie’s mission to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. The company created the mobile app data market and is committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,100 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
Yes, I want this job!