San Mateo, California, United States
Posted 1 week ago
Our teams breed ambition, challenge ordinary thinking, push the pace of innovation, in-service of the exploding demand for accessible data.Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging. Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Responsibilities
- Interface with engineers, product managers & product analysts to understand data needs and help build visualization in our internal Snowflake data warehouse
- Support the set-up of roles, schemas, & data pipelines while adhering to security policies and overcoming security restrictions.
- Storytelling - Translate data and analysis into a story to help drive decisions across the organization
- Build & maintain Executive Dashboards reporting on key metrics for IT and other business units.
- Generate organizational health Executive dashboards
- Foster collaboration among engineering, security compliance, IT & other business groups to ensure data is secure and audit-able.
- Train distributed team members in data visualization.
What you will need
- 5+ years of experience in Data warehousing, data modeling, and SQL .
- 2+ years of experience in MPP or Cloud data warehouse solutions like Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery or Teradata
- 4+ years of experience building visualizations using tools like Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Strong communication and cross functional collaboration skills
- B.S or MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years experience in working with data pipelines in Python/Java & SQL
- Experience in ETL tools is nice to have.
We’re looking for people who share our passion for ground-breaking technology and want to create a lasting future for you and Snowflake.
Are you up for the challenge?Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.