Data Scientist, Developer Experience
StripeThe new standard in online payments
Posted 4 months ago
Generate insights and impact from data.
We're looking for data scientists to join the Data Science team who are excited about applying their analytical skills to understand our users and influence decision making. If you are naturally data curious, excited about deriving insights from data, and motivated by having impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
You’ll be working closely with the Developer Experience team, the product team responsible for making the developer experience of the Stripe API the best of any API company in the world. We do this by building the API platform and developer tooling that powers Stripe integrations, and by supporting, educating, and advocating for Stripe’s global developer audience. We continually work to build economic infrastructure that our users can rely on to be highly available and secure. You’ll be influencing the product and decision making across the technical stack: from experiments and machine learning over our users’ data, to causal inference and designing dashboards to track product performance.
- Work closely with product and business teams to identify important questions and answer them with data.
- Apply statistical, machine learning and econometric models on large datasets to: i) measure results and outcomes, ii) identify causal impact and attribution, iii) predict future performance of users or products.
- Design, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments.
- Develop key metrics and observability for the product.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
We're looking for someone with:
- 6+ years experience working with and analyzing large data sets to solve problems
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Natural Sciences)
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
- Strong knowledge of statistics, machine learning and experimental design
- Demonstrated track record of identifying, scoping and leading complex data science projects with cross-functional partners and high business impact
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with a user-facing product team
- Experience working with software engineers
- Experience working in a production environment
- Prior experience with data-distributed tools (Scalding, Spark, Hadoop, Pig, etc)
You should include these in your application:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Description of the most interesting data analysis you’ve done, key findings, and its impact.
- Link to or attachment of code you’ve written related to data analysis.