Technical Product Manager - Data Engineering
Posted 2 weeks ago
About Glovo:We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. We currently deliver over +100M annual orders and operate in 22 countries, and in +300 cities. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your work-life opportunity:In this Product Manager - Data Engineering role you'll be working with a cross-functional team responsible for designing, building and improving one of Glovo’s most critical assets - our data platform. You’ll work in close collaboration with stakeholders from across the business including engineering, data science, analytics and senior leadership. We’re looking for someone with the same passion that we have for simple solutions and big impact.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Shape the product roadmap for a cross functional development team
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and engineers to define a winning strategy
- Manage the development of scalable Glovo Data Platform that includes: Data Lake, Data Warehouse, data pipelines, APIs, integration with external systems and 3rd party partners (CRM and other marketing tools)
- Maintain a prioritised product backlog and other organisational solutions in partnership with your technical team lead
- Define and communicate product requirements and specifications by thinking creatively about how to solve problems that have never been solved before at this scale
- Ensure strong collaboration and communication across the company and serve as a primary point of contact for internal stakeholders
- Ship fast and often
- 3+ years of relevant product experience
- An understanding of the complexities of event-based systems, data ingestion and data transformation
- Experience in big data and analytics, including data infrastructure and data analytics platforms such as Redshift, Looker or equivalent
- Leadership—you can motivate your teammates to build amazing products. You’re great at making tough decisions in a sea of ambiguity and keeping everyone on track
- Superb communication—you have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You make complex ideas understandable and craft specs that are easy for multiple audiences to consume
- Technical know-how—you have a solid understanding of how software is made and how it works.
- Excellent spoken and written English
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable)
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
Job tags: Big Data Data Analytics Engineering Looker Marketing Redshift