Data Science Internship
Posted 2 months ago
We are Tellow, a bookkeeping app for entrepreneurs, and we are pushing the envelope. We’re passionate about the ‘gig’ economy and we’re doing our best to help it grow. We’re turning bookkeeping into a party for freelancers. 🎉
Our super smart bookkeeping tool automates as much as possible for them.
This way we give real-time insights in the financial situation. Just one click away, provided by us. Giving freelancers the time and freedom to do what they love most.
Tellow has an internal tool to process receipts. Together with a third party, an OCR and ML pipeline extracts information from the receipts and buckets it into the right bookkeeping categories and VAT groups. A human-eyes step enriches the data if we’re not 100% sure.
We also process bank transaction descriptions in this tool, which can be automated with relative ease since we’re dealing with structured data.
By all means necessary (e.g. NLP, neural nets), we’d like you to set up a self-learning machine learning algorithm which we can use to extract information out of bank transaction descriptions.
In this role, you'll learn new skills, develop your understanding of data and backend development and work with a broad set of technologies like: Python, MySQL, GCP or whatever is needed. We are very pragmatic about the tools we use; if it works - we'll use it.
- Are currently enrolled in a Data Science degree.
- Like to learn and experiment quickly.
- Understand machine learning algorithms, from research & design to development and implementation. Our highly skilled development team will aid you in getting your algorithm(s) into production.
- Have (basic) understanding of the following terms: ML, AI, OCR, classification, clustering, K-means, deep learning, neural net, Bayes’ theorem, NLP, Python, SQL, etc.
- Are flexible and can handle change well.
- Are pragmatic, dedicated and think in solutions.
- Speak and write English well.
- € 450,- internship allowance.
- Possibility to do your graduation research within your internship.
- A dedicated mentor available to you at all times as well as regular mentoring sessions with one of our Chiefs.
- Strong focus on learning: we want you to walk away feeling capable and knowledgeable on the job market.
- Working in a start-up atmosphere: lots of autonomy, a young and driven team and a fun office environment.
- Travel allowance (when applicable).
- Freedom to work from home or come into the office when it’s safe.
- An open working atmosphere, in which you can give and receive honest feedback.
- Team Audible and Pluralsight subscription.
Start date: ideally June 2020 but can be discussed. We’re looking for interns who can stay 4-6 months.
Want to learn more about what working at Tellow is like: check out our career page.