Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
Posted 2 weeks ago
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouse that we design in-house, our employees need to be specialists in a wide range of technologies to help drive our business.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What would I be doing?
- Uncover and represent technical and management insights that can be found hidden in disparate data sources
- You will provide analytical insight to the team with regards to the design, and implementation of statistical learning algorithms and general statistics methodology.
- Your responsibilities will include exploratory research and dissemination of useful new methodology and algorithms to the rest of the team.
- Review and maintain solutions for accuracy and optimal efficiency.
- Presenting analysis to stakeholders and a range of technical and non-technical internal audiences as well as responding to questions
- Creation of data structures which must be scalable across multiple data sets and different types of data
- Responsibility for the creation of data connectors / data feeds to ensure data continuity and continued warehousing capability for the team.
- Working knowledge of Data Preparation including optimising data for reporting purposes
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
We’re interested in people who have…
- Experience in an operational data analysis role
- Extensive knowledge of data analysis, natural language processing, or modelling techniques.
- Demonstrated fluency in SQL, and either R or other appropriate tools.
- In-depth knowledge of data structures and data blending techniques
- Proven ability to work with large data sets, the ability scale analysis or algorithms to very large data sets
- Very strong Google Sheets or Excel skills including the ability to clean, interrogate, manipulate and present raw data with basic SQL queries and automation to produce meaningful insights
- Experience of working with Google Big query and Tableau
- Skills to support the preparation of high-quality presentations
- Able to work on your own initiative when required, as well as in a team
- A methodical and logical approach to problem-solving with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Kudos if you also have...
- Solid experience of understanding and reporting Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and / or Service Level Agreements (SLAs) using Service Level Indicators (SLIs)
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification
- Domain knowledge (e.g. technical support)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.