Associate Director - AI/ML
IN Bengaluru EOIZ Indust Area Campus HCS
HARMAN InternationalHARMAN International is a global leader in connected car technology, lifestyle audio innovations, design and analytics, cloud services and IoT solutions.
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do everyday.
You will be responsible for driving the strategic direction of our AI and machine learning practice along with other key leaders. This role will involve leading internal AI/ML projects, shaping the technology roadmap, and overseeing client-facing projects including solution development, RFPs, presentations, analyst interactions, partnership development etc. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in AI/ML, exceptional leadership skills, and the ability to balance internal and external project demands effectively. In this strategic role, you will be responsible for shaping the future of AI/ML within our organization, driving innovation, and ensuring the successful implementation of AI/ML solutions that deliver tangible business outcomes.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Drive Innovation, Differentiation & Growth
- Develop and implement a comprehensive AI/ML strategy aligned with our business goals and objectives.
- Ownership on growth of the COE and influencing client revenues through AI practice
- Identify and prioritize high-impact opportunities for applying AI/ML across various business units, departments and functions.
- Lead the selection, deployment, and management of AI/ML tools, platforms, and infrastructure.
- Oversee the design, development, and deployment of AI/ML solutions
- Define, differentiate & strategize new AI/ML services/offerings and create reference architecture assets
- Drive partnerships with vendors on collaboration, capability building, go to market strategies, etc.
- Guide and inspire the organization about the business potential and opportunities around AI/ML
- Network with domain experts
- Develop and implement ethical AI practices and governance standards.
- Monitor and measure the performance of AI/ML initiatives, demonstrating ROI through cost savings, efficiency gains, and improved business outcomes.
- Oversee the development, training, and deployment of AI/ML models and solutions.
- Collaborate with client teams to understand their business challenges and needs.
- Develop and propose AI/ML solutions tailored to client specific requirements.
- Influence client revenues through innovative solutions and thought leadership.
- Lead client engagements from project initiation to deployment.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients and stakeholders.
- Build re-usable Methodologies, Pipelines & Models
- Create data pipelines for more efficient and repeatable data science projects
- Experience of working across multiple deployment environments including cloud, on-premises and hybrid, multiple operating systems and through containerization techniques such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Elastic Container Service, and others
- Coding knowledge and experience in languages including R, Python, Scala, MATLAB, etc.
- Experience with popular databases including SQL, MongoDB and Cassandra
- Experience data discovery/analysis platforms such as KNIME, RapidMiner, Alteryx, Dataiku, H2O, Microsoft AzureML, Amazon SageMaker etc.
- Expertise in solving problems related to computer vision, text analytics, predictive analytics, optimization, social network analysis etc.
- Experience with regression, random forest, boosting, trees, hierarchical clustering, transformers, convolutional neural network (CNN), recurrent neural network (RNN), graph analysis, etc.
- People & Interpersonal Skills
- Build and manage a high-performing team of AI/ML engineers, data scientists, and other specialists.
- Foster a culture of innovation and collaboration within the AI/ML team and across the organization.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in diverse, cross-functional teams in a dynamic business environment.
- Candidates should be confident, energetic self-starters, with strong communication skills.
- Candidates should exhibit superior presentation skills and the ability to present compelling solutions which guide and inspire.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the AI/ML team
- Collaborate with other directors, managers, and stakeholders across the company to align the AI/ML vision and goals
- Communicate and present the AI/ML capabilities and achievements to clients and partners
- Stay updated on the latest trends and developments in the AI/ML domain
What is required for the role?
- 12+ years of experience in the information technology industry with strong focus on AI/ML having led, driven and set up an AI/ML practice in IT services or niche AI/ML organizations
- 10+ years of relevant experience in successfully launching, planning, and executing advanced data science projects.
- A master’s or PhD degree in computer science, data science, information systems, operations research, statistics, applied mathematics, economics, engineering, or physics.
- In depth specialization in text analytics, image recognition, graph analysis, deep learning, is required.
- The candidate should be adept in agile methodologies and well-versed in applying MLOps methods to the construction of ML pipelines.
- Candidate should have demonstrated the ability to manage data science projects and diverse teams.
- Should have experience in creating AI/ML strategies & services, and scale capabilities from a technology, platform, and people standpoint.
- Experience in working on proposals, presales activities, business development and overlooking delivery of AI/ML projects
- Experience in building solutions with AI/ML elements in any one or more domains – Industrial, Healthcare, Retail, Communication
Be an accelerator to grow the practice through technologies, capabilities, and teams both organically as well as inorganically
HARMAN is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Tags: Agile Architecture AWS Cassandra Clustering Computer Science Computer Vision Data pipelines Deep Learning Docker Economics Engineering Industrial KNIME Kubernetes Machine Learning Mathematics Matlab ML models MLOps MongoDB PhD Physics Pipelines Python R RapidMiner Research RNN SageMaker Scala SQL Statistics Transformers
More jobs like this
IN - HYDERABAD SKYVIEW IN - HYDERABAD SKYVIEW Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 100K - 150K * USD 100K+ *
Business Intelligence & Reporting ManagerAgile Azure Business Intelligence Computer Science Data analysis Data governance +9
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +3
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs