Manager - Data Quality and Assurance
ANZ Banking Group LimitedANZ offers a range of personal banking services such as internet banking, bank accounts, credit cards, home loans, personal loans, travel and international, investment and insurance. Learn about easy and secure ways to manage your money.
About the role
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We’re making this happen by improving our customers’ financial wellbeing so they can achieve incredible things – be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
Role Type: Permanent
Work Location: Bengaluru
The Data Quality and Assurance Manager role supports management of existing and build out of new strategic data management capabilities within Group Risk Information Delivery function to help transform how data is organised, managed, and leveraged within the function to meet current and future data governance and associated regulatory requirements (CPG 235, BCBS 239), ANZ EDG Frameworks policies and standards and IAM Data Risk theme.
Your focus is to maintain current and address future metadata, data quality and process management artefacts with enterprise tooling (Google Data Catalogue, Enterprise Metadata Repository, Signavio, etc) associated to the critical data elements / business processes that goes into risk committees and other key reports by working within the business unit, Group Risk Data Governance and Enterprise Data Risk teams.
Your skillset will enable you to mentor other data governance analysts, source and interrogate data whilst working with a focus on the future with an active understanding of industry trends to ensure capability development is aligned.
The ‘must have’ knowledge, skill and experience (KSE) the role requires are:
- 10+ years of experience working across Risk Data Governance areas, as Data Governance, Data Analyst, Business Analyst or System Analyst roles
- Exposure to the Banking and Finance Industries Group Risk Function and/or Enterprise Data Management role in an organisation
- Understanding of Data Governance practices, including Metadata, Data Quality, and identification of Critical Data Elements
- Relevant experience in operationalising Data Management frameworks like BCBS 239, Cloud Data Management Capabilities (CDMC) etc.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring focused specialist functions / teams.
- Demonstrated delivery of initiatives in a timely manner and ability to navigate through ambiguous situations and opportunities.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders, all levels of employees and management including a good level of influencing to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Understanding of data architecture, data modelling, and schema design
- Experience in data management using SQL, SAS, Google Big Query, BI tools like Qlik and Tableau, Analytics tools like SAS Viya, Google Data Analytics Workbench etc
- Degree / Certificate or coursework qualifications related to Information Management, Data Management / Governance or DAMA DMBoK
What will you bring?
This role is accountable for:
- Managing and coordinating metadata, data quality and process management artefacts to demonstrate adherence to ANZ EDG Framework resulting in the uplift of data management practices and capabilities
- Effectively analysing and implementing the enterprise data governance principles and standards associated with metadata and data quality for critical data element / critical business processes. This includes completing data analysis, review of current state and evaluation of future state solutions to capture and enrich business and technical metadata and then applying controls through data quality measurement and profiling.
- Support implementation and operationalisation of processes and controls aligned to IAM.
- Deliver a highly consultative and constructive approach across the data lifecycle and tooling for defining, understanding, and governing the data with strong data, technology, and stakeholder engagement skills. This includes data quality issues management across the business, technology, and various project teams.
- Define and conduct tests to validate data is fit for purpose and remediation to ensure accuracy.
- Engaging with business, technology, and project stakeholders to identify and address regulatory asks and capability gaps to allow assessment and future automation of our Risk Data Aggregation and Reporting capabilities.
- Collaborate and building relationship with key business, data champions, divisional and enterprise data risk functions to fulfil responsibilities.
So, why join us?
There’s something special about being part of ANZ. From the moment you join us, you’re part of a team working towards a common goal: improving the financial wellbeing and sustainability of our millions of customers. And that’s big.
But it’s not just our customers who will feel your impact. You’ll feel it too. Because at ANZ, you’ll have the resources and community you need to take the next big step in your career, towards even bigger things in the future.
We offer a range of benefits tailored to the countries in which we operate to provide all our people:
- Health and wellbeing programs
- Discounts on selected products and services (from ANZ and beyond)
- Flexible working arrangements, lifestyle leave and career breaks
You’ll also enjoy working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated. We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.careers.anz.com. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number 59689.
Job Posting End Date
23/02/2024, 11.59pm, (Melbourne Australia)
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
IN - HYDERABAD SKYVIEW IN - HYDERABAD SKYVIEW Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 100K - 150K * USD 100K+ *
Business Intelligence & Reporting ManagerAgile Azure Business Intelligence Computer Science Data analysis Data governance +9
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +3
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs