Senior Research Analyst
NielsenIQWe’re unrelenting in our pursuit of the most detailed data sets, measuring every consumer transaction to deliver the knowledge that every business needs to drive growth.
About This Job
NielsenIQ is seeking a talented Senior Research Analyst to play a key role in enabling sellers to be more efficient and stay focused on winning business through contract signature. Reporting to the Director, Sales – North America Sales Specialist, this role will work with cross functional teams (Sales, Sales Ops, Modeling, Data Science, Product) to complete analysis work, insights development from the analysis (at the category, brand level, sub-brand level, UPC-level, trade channel where sold, etc.), and anticipation of additional questions/potential further steps to take in the analysis. An ideal candidate is a proactive, deadline driven task manager with a proven track record for creating process and implementing improvements. You are motivated by making an impact with your sales teams. You thrive on recognizing a challenge, implementing a solution, monitoring success and continuously thinking outside the box to optimize new or existing processes. Must be passionate about ensuring a positive customer experience and understand how to personalize messaging to ensure buyers have the right information at the right time to make decisions quickly and confidently. The ideal candidate is detail oriented with excellent communication, active listening skills and familiarity with the analytics & sales processes.
- Effectively manage day-to-day tasks with a high degree of autonomy to ensure projects are completed on time through efficient time management and prioritization, and process development or improvement; including coordinating with cross functional team members.
- Partner with the Behavioral Segmentation sales team to strategize and create client specific content project outputs and to advance the client’s go-to-market efforts.
- Act as an expert and become a steward of our unique data sets to execute and deliver client paid ad hoc reports and analyses that align to a scope of work / agreement.
- Partner with the Behavioral Segmentation & Custom Analysis team to understand product outputs and package those into client deliverables.
- Suggest enhancements to existing content & product, including but not limited to output in Excel files and PowerPoint presentations.
- Effectively manage numerous requests concurrently and on deadline, identifying areas of inefficiency and proposing/developing solutions; includes managing expectations with outstanding communication and escalating delays to leader in timely manner.
- Proactively identify opportunities with data sets & data scale and suggest solutions to meet the client’s needs.
- Support product refinements by becoming an expert for how enhancements are integrated into existing products, inclusive of relevant insights, implications for the client’s business, and overall value to the client.
- 1.5+ years of related work experience.
- Post-Graduate degree required.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically through identification of problems and implement successful, tactical solutions applicable within the Segmentation & Custom Analysis team.
- Self-motivated with a strong attention to detail and keen ability to prioritize tasks to ensure business critical objectives are met.
- Skilled at building strong working relationships with team members in varying departments.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Analyzing and using consumer behavioral data, demographic data, and sources of panel data which measure client business performance.
- Excellent written, verbal, and active listening skills.
- Ability to drive productivity working in a remote, fast paced environment with high autonomy.
- High degree of competence using Excel and/or Power BI and ability to summarize data to answer specific business questions.
- Experience working with large datasets or transactional level consumer panel data (core datasets for the work will include Homescan panel AND Omnishopper panel data).
- Specific Tools/Systems a candidate will need to use: CASE, Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI (ability to use Python is a positive, but not required).
Job Timing: 2:00PM to 11:00PM
NIQ is the world’s leading consumer intelligence company, delivering the most complete understanding of consumer buying behavior and revealing new pathways to growth. In 2023, NIQ combined with GfK, bringing together the two industry leaders with unparalleled global reach. With a holistic retail read and the most comprehensive consumer insights—delivered with advanced analytics through state-of-the-art platforms—NIQ delivers the Full View™.
NIQ, is an Advent International portfolio company with operations in 100+ markets, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit NIQ.com.
Want to keep up with our latest updates?
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/
NIQ or any of our subsidiaries will never ask you for money at any point of the recruitment or onboarding process.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs