Internship - Computational Protein Design
Seattle, WA, US
Novo NordiskNovo Nordisk is a leading global healthcare company, founded in 1923 and headquartered in Denmark. Our purpose is to drive change to defeat diabetes and other serious chronic diseases.
About the Department
Our Boston Research & Development hub, anchored in the greater Boston area, brings together the best minds in life science innovation. The teams located in facilities in Lexington, Watertown and Cambridge reflect the full R&D continuum, from early research through late-stage clinical development. Here, we are building for the future, creating a distinct R&D community based on collaboration, partnerships, and cutting-edge research across multiple modalities and therapeutic areas. We recognize that improving human health starts here and that patients rely on us. Our greater Boston R&D hub merges biotech speed and agility with large pharmaceutical company quality, resources, and stability, uniting the best of both worlds to develop new medicines for patients.
At Novo Nordisk, interns will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced industry professionals and gain valuable, hands-on, full-time work experience. For ten weeks, interns will be immersed in the environment of a global pharmaceutical company and contribute to the line of business by providing sustainable and meaningful project work. Our internship program also includes instructor led trainings, a leadership engagement series, and a guided mentorship program to offer professional and personal development.
Program Start: June 3rd, 2024.
Program End: August 9th, 2024.
Scope of Position
As an intern in Computational Protein Design, your responsibilities would include assisting in the creation, development, and optimization of deep learning (DL)/machine learning (ML) models to predict drug properties. The intern will be able to apply their knowledge of computational biology and machine learning algorithms to analyze complex data, including but not limited to protein sequences, structures, and biophysical data. Furthermore, you will assist in the implementation and testing of DL/ML models and contribute to the improvement of current models by incorporating new research findings and insights. Participating in data preprocessing, feature extraction, model training, validation, and testing would also be a part of this internship. You would also be collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers, and effectively communicate your findings and progresses to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Ultimately, your work will contribute to our understanding of protein design and potentially lead to the development of novel therapeutic.
- 0% overnight travel required.
- Must be a current student enrolled or recently graduated (graduation date no earlier than April 2024) at/from an accredited college or university pursuing at least a bachelor’s degree.
- A completed or in progress Masters or Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Computational Biology, Bioengineering, or a related discipline preferred.
- Strong academic record with a preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Conscientious self-starter with good organizational skills, project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities, must be able to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal communication and ability to collaborate with teams; must effectively operate independently, across functional lines, and with internal customers.
- Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, adaptability and willingness to learn.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
In compliance with Washington's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, see compensation below: The base compensation range for this position is $43,680 to $79,040 annualized. Base compensation is determined based on a number of factors. This position is not benefit eligible*
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
More jobs like this
USA, VA, McLean (2100 … USA, VA, McLean (2100 Tysons McLean Dr) Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 58K - 133K USD 58K+
Booz Allen Hamilton
Tech Excellence Data ScientistData analysis Data Mining Data visualization ggplot2 Hadoop Kafka +14
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs