Machine Learning Engineer
GSKAt GSK, we unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together
At GSK we see a world in which advanced applications of Machine Learning and AI will allow us to develop novel therapies to existing diseases and to quickly respond to emerging or changing diseases with personalized drugs, driving better outcomes at reduced cost with fewer side effects. It is an ambitious vision that will require the development of products and solutions at the cutting edge of Machine Learning and AI.
We're looking for an accomplished Machine Learning Engineer to model functional cell types and cell states using multimodal biological datasets. Competitive candidates will have a track record of shipping high performing machine learning powered products in production environments. They are highly accomplished Machine Learning Engineers, with breadth across machine learning methods and depth in at least one area. Additionally, they are accomplished software engineers with a track record of shipping stable, tested, performant code and services in an agile environment. A senior engineer can consistently take a poorly defined problem and formulate clear objectives, then execute on it to build a high performing product or service. They are the model for the team in terms of code quality, standards, and best practices, and they act as mentors to junior members of the team.
Strong candidates will have graduate studies in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or the equivalent (or in the life sciences with a focus on machine learning techniques) and 2+ years of industry experience building machine learning powered tools. Previous research experience in the application of deep learning techniques in drug discovery is strongly preferred, but not necessary.
The AI/ML team is built on the principles of ownership, accountability, continuous development, and collaboration. We hire for the long term, and we're motivated to make this a great place to work. Our leaders will be committed to your career and development from day one.Why you?
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 2+ years of industry experience in machine learning engineering
- Graduate studies in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Life Sciences with a focus on AI/ML techniques, or undergraduate studies in Computer Science and equivalent work history.
- Experience in software engineering with advanced skills in python and/or C++.
- Experience in PyTorch, TensorFlow, or other deep learning frameworks.
- Experience with shipping products powered by machine learning.
- Bachelors degree.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD in Computer Science or equivalent Life Sciences with Machine Learning focus preferred
- Academic or industry experience in the biomedical sciences especially genetics, molecular biology, or AI driven drug discovery
- Understanding and application of best practices in machine learning, software engineering, and/or production deployment of ML services
- Understanding of modern ML Architectures, Platforms, and backend systems
- Mentality of commit early and often, metrics before models, and shipping high quality production code
- Track record of contributing to open source projects
#LI-GSKThe annual base salary for new hires in this position ranges from $130,900 to $177,100 taking into account a number of factors including work location, the candidate’s skills, experience, education level and the market rate for the role. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program which is dependent on the level of the role. Available benefits include health care and other insurance benefits (for employee and family), retirement benefits, paid holidays, vacation, and paid caregiver/parental and medical leave.
Please visit GSK US Benefits Summary to learn more about the comprehensive benefits program GSK offers US employees.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
More jobs like this
Cambridge, MA, US, MA … Cambridge, MA, US, MA 02139 Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 92K - 154K * USD 92K+ *
Associate Director, IT Data Engineer (Remote)Airflow Architecture AWS Business Intelligence CI/CD Databricks +16
401(k) matching Career development Health care Insurance Medical leave +1
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs