Senior Computer Vision Engineer
United States - Remote
InstacartOrder same-day delivery or pickup from more than 300 retailers and grocers. Download the Instacart app or start shopping online now with Instacart to get groceries, alcohol, home essentials, and more delivered to you <b>in as fast as 1 hour</b>...
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior AI/Computer Vision Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a key contributor to our research and development efforts, you will play a pivotal role in designing and building robust computer vision systems that can perceive, comprehend, and act upon the world around them. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of machine learning, neural networks, and computer vision techniques, along with a passion for tackling complex problems and creating market-leading products.
About the Team
The AI and CV team at Caper (Instacart) is dedicated to building state of the art solutions to enable a smooth checkout process in the grocery stores with smart carts. Our team of enthusiastic researchers and engineers are spread across different time zones, but collaborate effectively with each other on multiple exciting projects.
About the Job
- Lead the design, implementation, and optimization of computer vision algorithms that are effective and efficient.
- Develop deep learning models for real-time OCR, object detection, segmentation, and tracking.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate AI/Computer Vision technology into our products and solutions.
- Conduct research and stay abreast of the latest advancements in the field to ensure our technology remains cutting-edge.
- Mentor junior engineers and lead by example, promoting a culture of technical excellence.
- Drive the end-to-end machine learning lifecycle, including data collection, model training, and deployment.
- Troubleshoot and optimize AI systems for performance and scalability.
- Document and present research findings and development processes.
- Advanced degree (MS or Ph.D.) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, with a focus on AI/Computer Vision.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the design and deployment of AI models, particularly deep learning and computer vision.
- Strong programming skills in Python, C++, or other programming languages.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras).
- Familiarity with cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP) and edge computing.
- Proven track record of solving complex problems with real-world data.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Publications or a strong portfolio of projects in computer vision or related fields.
- Experience with 3D computer vision and sensor fusion.
- Knowledge of GPU programming and optimization.
- Experience with deploying AI solutions on mobile devices or embedded systems.
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
More jobs like this
San Francisco, CA or … San Francisco, CA or Remote (in the … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 111K - 136K USD 111K+
Code for America
Senior Analytics EngineerBigQuery Business Intelligence Dagster Data Analytics Data pipelines Data quality +19
401(k) matching Career development Cell phone stipend Competitive pay Equity +11
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs