Senior Software Engineer (Machine Learning) - Claims domain
Italy - Remote
Is it a thrilling opportunity in a dynamic environment which is constantly evolving what you are currently looking for? Are you curious to see how a company that operates in the Insurance sector provides a great experience at a great price to its customers using cutting-edge technologies to create and sell its products? Then, we are happy to inform you that you have just got a ticket to the fast lane!
IT technology lies at the very core of everything we do and our Engineering and Product departments are composed of passionate and innovative people who never stop learning and developing their skills employing the latest stacks and methodologies.
At Prima, you could take on a whole new challenge. As part of our global community, you'd be in the driving seat of your career; learning and growing with a top-tier team around you. Prima is a place where no matter who you are or what your role is — your voice is valued.
Back in 2015, we embarked on a mission: to provide great value car insurance that is designed for everyone. And we've come a long way, we've created a culture where we can fuel each other's success. But we need your expertise, as we steer things in a new and exciting direction.
You're probably thinking... ‘That sounds pretty good'. We agree.
As well as great colleagues and engaging projects, there are loads of ways we can help you do the best work of your life. We've shaped our offering to place a focus on wellbeing, autonomy and development. We see benefits as the fuel that will empower you to succeed, if you decide to embark on this journey with us.
🤸🏽♂️ Working in a way that works for you
We believe in work-life balance and flexibility. Whether you like working from the office, home or a mixture of both. We'll help you find a balance that works best for you. We even have a policy that means you can work from any location for 30 days a year. We trust you to steer us forward.
🏁 The freedom to explore the possibilities
We may move fast at Prima, but we move together. We're invested in your growth; so we'll give you access to a teaching and learning marketplace. And you'll have regular sessions with your manager to establish a personal growth plan.
🌈 Our winning formula: happy and high-performing
From private medical insurance to discounted gym memberships and wellbeing initiatives: we're here to support you. We know how important your health and well-being is, so we'll go the extra mile to help you when we can.
Our team is part of the Claims domain and will drive the adoption of predictive methodologies such as AI/ML to enhance claims management processes. This approach encompasses areas like fraud prevention, anomaly detection, and streamlining of repetitive tasks through automation.
As a Software Engineer you will take care of:
- Lead initiatives from opportunity to delivery, cooperatively or autonomously as required
- Acting as a subject matter expert (in areas such as Machine learning, data, software architecture, etc.) for most team projects/products, designing their architecture and actively contribute in implementing them
- Contributing to define small team strategy to achieve domain goals
- Keeping the team motivated, leading by example and proactively seeking and giving timely, actionable feedback
- Growing others, for example by mentoring them when needed and onboarding them in cooperation with the EM
- Striving to improve our tech stack and ways of working guided by best practices
- Developing an understanding of the work beyond the team and its immediate initiatives, and helping the team understand the bigger picture
Machine Learning Focus
- Contribute to the definition and development of Prima's own Machine Learning platform
- Solving complex problems with multi-layered data sets, as well as optimising existing machine learning libraries and frameworks
- Keeping abreast of developments in machine learning and choosing the right tool for the job
- Collaborating with the data scientists in designing machine learning solutions focused on business problems
You are our ideal candidate if you meet these requirements:
- Solid programming background with focus on Python. Any experience with functional languages, such as Rust and Elixir is considered a strong plus
- Familiarity with the life cycle of ML model development, with past experience in bringing them to production
- Experienced with software development practices such as TDD and BDD, ensuring code quality, readability and maintainability
- Experience in software architecture skills and knowledge of common design patterns with specific focus on Machine Learning, Microservices and DDD
Nice to haves:
- Experience of designing and operating cloud-based systems (AWS, Databricks preferred)
- Experience of messaging platforms such as Kafka
- Competence with infrastructure as code (Terraform, Cloudformation, Pulumi, etc.)
- K8S and service mesh concepts
- Experience of working with data orchestration tools
- A portfolio of past experience (including blogs, talks, contributions to Open Source, Kaggle) is a plus.
Prima is a community made up of talented and ambitious individuals. We offer equal employment of any kind based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or other protected personal characteristics, as defined by national laws.
If it sounds like we'd be a good fit for each other, join us in the fast lane!
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs