Staff Applied Scientist (Computer Vision / Machine Learning)
Remote - Germany
OnfidoCreate trust at onboarding and beyond with an AI-powered digital identity solution. Onfido enables hundreds of businesses to know their customers online.
We are a global, established, technology company having surpassed $130M in annual recurring revenue (ARR) with a prominent position in the global marketplace, and have been repeatedly recognized for our performance and innovation. In 2023, we’ve been awarded ‘Best Fraud Detection and Prevention Company of the Year by Frost & Sullivan, featured as a Strong Performer by Forrester in its 2022 Identity Verification Wave, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We've received over $200 million in funding from investors such as TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with hundreds of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support checks in 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. With over 1,200 customers worldwide and 500 employees
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world's most interesting problems.
Do you want to build the world’s most sophisticated fraud detection system operating at unprecedented performance levels with error rates of less than 1 in a million (99.9999% performance levels)? Do you want to create state-of-the-art AI solutions to solve some of the most challenging real-world problems in identity verification? Do you want to build the future of digital identity? At Onfido, our AI scientists build the world’s most secure digital onboarding system used by thousands of businesses globally and the next generation of digital identity. At Onfido, our AI technologies detect thousands of fraud attacks daily in over a dozen industry verticals from banking to gaming to the crypto-world to shared economies and others.
Are you passionate about solving problems in the areas of data efficient ML, uncertainty modeling in neural networks, confidence models, explainable AI, data modeling, domain adaptation, differential privacy and anonymization, lifelong learning, protecting against adversarial attacks, bias mitigation, mobile device noise modeling, human computer interactions and more as applied to mission critical applications in the real world? Are you ready to go beyond building ML models to fundamentally exploring all aspects of the system building from data acquisition to algorithms to data fusion? If so, contact us.
At Onfido we are looking for an exciting and dynamic AI expert who can push the envelope on unsolved problems like uncertainty modelling, interpretable AI, protection against adversarial and Deep Fake attacks, and generalised concept drift detectors within human-in-the-loop systems and deliver real world solutions that work at scale. As a senior AI leader, you will support Onfido’s hyper-growth and passionately deliver real world value using state-of-the-art machine learning and computer vision techniques.
Onfido is one of the most exciting AI companies in Europe with over 200 million dollars raised through investments from Microsoft, Salesforce, and TPG. Our technology is winning awards, Juniper Research’s Future Digital Awards named Onfido as its Best AI Platform. The awards celebrate the latest innovations in FinTech, blockchain and banking, with other winners including IBM, Stripe and Adyen. We were also listed for the second year running in the RegTech 100 and CBInsights FinTech 250, which ranks the most promising FinTech companies globally.
What you will be doing
- Provide technical leadership for a team of highly capable applied AI scientists, fostering a culture of creativity, technical depth and excellence.
- Initiate, plan and drive projects that will bring the next generation of digital onboarding products to the real world that can withstand the most aggressive and determined fraud attacks.
- Design and build high performance end to end systems spanning all parts of the identity verification application from data acquisition, data processing, and post processing.
- Mentor and work with junior scientists to research and deliver innovative technologies that utilize every bit of signal in the data.
- Participate in hands-on machine learning research and deliver the results of the research in the form of new products.
- Communicate technical vision and roadmap at multiple levels within the organisation and externally. Manage multiple levels of stakeholders (product team, machine learning team, clients)
- Be an external ambassador for Onfido providing thought leadership across the industry in area of expertise
- Publish research results in national and international conferences and scientific journals. Represent Onfido at national and international scientific conferences.
- Contribute to filing patents.
- Extensive experience in machine learning and computer vision, including industry experience deploying ML models to production.
- Track record of successfully delivering high performance ML-driven products.
- Lead a team of machine learning specialists, working collaboratively with engineering and product management.
- Successfully mentored people and teams to achieve their full potential.
- Worked with customers to impactfully solve their problems.
- Deep understanding of machine learning theory.
- Good coding skills in Python and hands on experience using at least one of the deep learning frameworks Tensorflow or PyTorch.
- Technical experience in uncertainty modelling, explainable machine learning techniques, out-of-distribution detection, life-long learning, and related fields.
- Technical experience with signal processing and image processing techniques.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing (preferably AWS) and tools and technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Git, etc.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work.
Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
Where you will be:
At Onfido, we have a distributed workforce. This role will be based as advertised on the job description. We have a hybrid model, and you can choose to work fully remote, or come to our offices! We let all of our employees choose what’s best for them.
Onfidoers share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:> 25 days annual leave plus a day off for your Birthday.> Two paid volunteering days per year.*> Life Assurance (3x Annual Base Salary)*> Generous paid parental leave.> Free mental health coaching provided online.> Life enrichment allowance of up €95 to per month for services including gym, yoga, fitness classes, massages, childcare, and therapy.> Dedicated learning opportunities including using tools like Learnably with availability to use for learning resources such as books, coaches, conferences, courses, podcasts, and more> Our open and transparent culture is reflected in our “Better Together” motto and we bring this to life by meeting once a week for our global weekly roundup (OnThursday); holding quarterly team socials, and other company-wide social events.> Expense up to £300 (or local equivalent) to purchase workstation setup equipment> The opportunity to become a member of Onfido’s resource groups in order to learn different skills in our belonging groups
*after 3 months
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Copenhagen, Berlin, Madrid, Stockholm, … Copenhagen, Berlin, Madrid, Stockholm, London, Lisbon Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 124K - 187K * USD 124K+ *
Senior Data ScientistAWS Azure Banking BigQuery Data Analytics Engineering +10
Career development Equity Flex vacation Health care Home office stipend +3
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs