Senior Machine Learning Developer
AltaMLAltaML helps you harness your data’s power with our deep expertise and innovation in AI and machine learning. See how we can help your data work for you.
We are a company like no other – we believe in making small bets, failing fast, and being better together. We are looking for creative problem-solvers who obsess about the customer to find wins across different industries.
We don’t hire for fit; we hire to add. We are looking for people who play our core values of being: Agile, Gritty Humble, and Happy. If you’re passionate about AI/ML, thrive in a dynamic environment, and want to work with a diverse team of wickedly smart people, we want to hear from you!
As a Senior Machine Learning Developer and a member of the ML Development team, you ensure the delivery of value to customers by developing high-quality AI/ML solutions to their business problems. We are specifically seeking a candidate with expertise in Large Language Models (LLMs). Your primary responsibilities include working as a senior resource in projects, where you may also be asked to assume the technical lead role in AI/ML projects.
You will play a hands-on role in solving problems utilizing Data Mining and Machine Learning techniques, with a particular emphasis on Large Language Models. You will work with multiple tools and gain experience in various AI/ML and data processing fields, tailoring solutions to leverage LLMs effectively. Additionally, you will ensure that ML developers follow our rigorous ML development processes and work on improving them.
💻 What You'll Do:
- Hands-on technical leadership on projects with a focus on LLM applications
- Quality assurance and technical correctness of projects
- Improvement of internal technical processes, tooling, and standards
- Providing mentorship to less senior resources especially in the LLM domain
- Collaboration with other team members to integrate LLM solutions into broader AI/ML initiatives
- Adherence to company development standards and processes
🚀 What You Bring:
- 3+ years applicable experience in applied AI/ML, with a focus on LLM
- Experience leading applied AI/ML projects, particularly in the LLM domain
- Broad knowledge of AI/ML, with expertise in Large Language Models
- Degree in Comp Sci, Comp Eng, Statistics, or related field
- Expertise with Software Development practices and tools
- Expertise with Python (Pandas, SciKit, and similar)Exposure to cloud platforms and big data is a plus
We Look for A-Players Who:- Express our core values- Are hungry for knowledge- Want to learn new skills- Are respectful- Collaborate with others across the whole company- Share knowledge with coworkers- Educate and promote AI and ML concepts both internally and externally- Have a high work ethic and are self-motivated
Our Perks:🌴Uncapped Vacation - For all full time, permanent employees. Seriously, take the time you need - when you need it.🚀Make an Impact - Witness the impact your work contribution has on the success of our company.👩🏿💻Working with PhD and Master Level Colleagues - Endless conversations around the latest in Machine Learning and Applied AI.🩺Competitive Benefits - For all full time, permanent employees. 🏢 Office as a Resource - Hybrid work environment with state-of-the-art office spaces that ignite collaboration.⚡Big Slack Energy - IYKYK.
Our Culture:You will be working in a high-paced environment focused on creating unique ML solutions to problems across multiple industries to generate impactful value. You will be working at a company with employees who have multiple years of industrial and academic experience in data science, software engineering, product development, and machine learning fields. You will be able to experience a collaborative company culture, which means we believe in working hard, getting the job done, and enjoying the group social on Fridays. You’ll also get flexibility in where you work, what hours you work, how much vacation you take, and what you wear. We expect hard work but respect work/life balance.
Core Values:At AltaML, we are driven by our core values. We believe that by embodying these values in everything we do, we will exceed our customer’s expectations while creating a positive and empowering work environment for our team members. We are dedicated to living our values and strive to make them the foundation for our success.
GrittyWe are entrepreneurial, determined, and resilient, pushing through challenges to achieve our goals.
AgileWe make decisions based on “little bets” creating a safe space to take risks. We embrace an interactive process, allowing ideas to fail quickly or be scaled iteratively. Together, we continuously refine and improve our approach to reach the desired outcome.
HumbleWe listen to data, embrace new ideas, admit limitations and take ownership to solve problems. We constantly push ourselves to improve and excel.
HappyWe ignite passion and purpose by fostering a dynamic work environment. We encourage tap dancing to work, common sense over rules, empowering team members to find joy in their contributions, and being your authentic self.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Mountain View, CA / … Mountain View, CA / Remote friendly (US … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 137K - 215K USD 137K+
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Health care +4
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs