Atlanta, GA, Remote
StordStord offers fulfillment, warehousing, and transportation for B2C and B2B, plus the integrated software you need to orchestrate and optimize your entire supply chain.
Stord’s mission is to make supply chains a competitive advantage with best-in-class port-to-porch logistics combined with the integrated technology that brands need to connect, orchestrate, and optimize their supply chains. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $325M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, Lineage Logistics, and Franklin Templeton Investments at a unicorn valuation of over $1.3 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Data Architect Position:
STORD is looking for a Data Architect to join the Site Reliability Engineering team. This role will focus on standardizing and implementing best practices across our software teams and databases. This person will build and own data pipelines, identify and implement database best practices, and work closely with our data and engineering teams to optimize and scale our data.
What You'll Do:
Data Strategy and Planning
- Standardize software development database architecture across multiple enterprise systems by setting and maintaining a standard
- Drive and own schema design, code review, SQL query tuning
- Develop and implement a data strategy aligned with business objectives.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business requirements and define data architecture principles and standards.
- Create a roadmap for the evolution of the data architecture over time.
Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Design and oversee the implementation of data warehouses.
- Work with business intelligence teams to ensure data availability for reporting and analytics.
- Optimize data structures to support efficient querying and reporting.
- Ability to identify risks and dependencies to database decisions and how it empowers data and analytics
- Design and develop conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Define data entities, relationships, and attributes to represent business concepts accurately.
- Ensure data models adhere to industry best practices and standards.
- Influence the selection of appropriate database technologies based on project requirements and ensure high availability.
- Define database structures, tables, and indexes to optimize data storage and retrieval.
- Oversee database performance tuning and optimization.
- Identify areas of improvement, and implement optimization of databases to ensure optimal performance and cost efficiency
- Recommend and coordinate upgrades for existing database systems and ensure disaster recovery
- Design and implement data integration solutions to facilitate the flow of data across systems.
- Define data mapping, transformation, and cleansing processes.
- Ensure data consistency and integrity during integration.
- Build and own data pipelines of enterprise software
Data Security and Privacy
- Establish and enforce data security policies and access controls.
- Implement encryption, authentication, and authorization mechanisms to safeguard sensitive data.
- Ensure compliance with security policies, own obfuscation protocols and protect database infrastructure and assets
- Define and implement data governance policies, procedures, and standards.
- Establish data quality frameworks and monitoring processes.
- Facilitate data stewardship and ownership initiatives.
Technology Evaluation and Adoption
- Improve data architecture by tracking emerging technologies and evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements
- Evaluate and recommend new tools and technologies that align with organizational needs.
- Drive the adoption of modern data management practices.
Collaboration and Communication
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, analysts, and business stakeholders.
- Communicate data architecture decisions and recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Facilitate discussions to resolve data-related issues and align on solutions.
- Be available for on-call support as needed
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related STEM field.
- 20+ years of full-time experience in database design, architecture, and engineering
- Experience with OLTP and OLAP databases
- Experience with cloud architecture
- Working knowledge of ETL, both with custom builds and pre-built tools
- Experience with and working knowledge of event streaming
- Extensive experience with owning and building data pipelines
- Experience with both batch updates and real-time data, with ability to recommend strategic approaches to both
- Experience working with a data team and an in-depth understanding of data needs for MLOps/AI
- Communication skills and critical thinking skills to identify areas for improvement and lead change
- Graduate-level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related STEM field
- Prior start-up experience
- Supply chain experience
- Working knowledge of data science and machine learning models
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The Stord company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At Stord you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups: Women of Stord, JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion), Stord-Serves, & More
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Stord participates in E-verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Tags: Architecture Business Intelligence Computer Science Data governance Data management Data pipelines Data quality Data strategy Data Warehousing Engineering ETL Machine Learning ML models MLOps OLAP Pipelines Privacy Salesforce Security SQL STEM Streaming
More jobs like this
Plainsboro, NJ, US Plainsboro, NJ, US Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 250K+
Senior Director - Healthcare Data Strategy - Clinical Data Analytics & Modelling (remote)Biostatistics Data Analytics Data governance Data strategy Economics Pharma +2
Career development Flex vacation Health care Insurance Medical leave +3
MO - Kansas City … MO - Kansas City - 1008 Oak … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 99K - 257K USD 99K+
Sr. Enterprise AI Architect (Remote / Hybrid)Architecture Banking Classification Clustering Computer Science Computer Vision +11
Career development Competitive pay Fitness / gym Flex vacation Health care +2
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs