Staff Data Engineer
Remote - United States
HeadspaceLive a healthier, happier, more well-rested life in just a few minutes a day with the Headspace app.
About the Staff Data Engineer at Headspace:
Headspace is seeking an experienced Staff Data Engineer to join our Data Products team (part of our Data Engineering org). In this role, you will be responsible for architecting and implementing a set of core data sets in our data lake. Your customers are our data consumers, including analysts, machine learning engineers and data scientists.
What you will do:
- Design and implement mission critical data pipelines for our company
- Help create a set of high-quality, composable data products for our data consumers
- Write well designed, testable, performant, and efficient code that runs on Apache Spark and Delta Lake
- Lead the development of a world-class data lake that meets the strict security, privacy, and compliance requirements of the healthcare industry
- Collaborate with the data science and machine learning team to build data sets used for model training and development
- Mentor and coach other engineers to build a data-first culture at the company
- Write well designed, testable, performant, and efficient code
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
What you will bring:
- 6+ years professional software development
- You’ve built high quality data pipelines before with comprehensive unit tests suites, data quality checks etc.
- Has a solid grasp of building new frameworks, tools or systems. Able to bring creative technical solutions to the table and design solutions at scale.
- Experience with Apache Spark and Delta Lake are a plus, but not required
- Solid understanding of system topologies from machine architecture to network architecture. Ability to solve unique complex problems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision on system level projects. Identifies and corrects errors on their own. Assumes greater responsibilities and anticipates some team needs. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Proposes new solutions, ideas, tools and techniques for moderately complex problems.
- Begins to assume a lead role in team projects. Mentors and provides guidance.
- Considers multiple approaches and recommends best technical direction including logic and reasoning to areas outside of the immediate team.
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience, especially API and microservices architecture
- Having experience apache spark would be useful
- Experience with data modeling
- Python experience is a plus
Pay & Benefits:
The base salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors, including but not limited to skills and scope required, relevant licensure and certifications, and unique relevant experience and job-related skills. The base salary range for this role is $131,414 - $190,100.
At Headspace, cash salary is but one component of our Total Rewards package. We’re proud of our robust package inclusive of: base salary, stock awards, comprehensive healthcare coverage, monthly wellness stipend, retirement savings match, lifetime Headspace membership, unlimited, free mental health coaching, generous parental leave, and much more. Paid performance incentives are also included for those in eligible roles. Additional details about our Total Rewards package will be provided during the recruitment process.
How we feel about Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace Health. Please inform our Talent team by filling out this form if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application or interview process.
Headspace participates in the E-Verify Program.
As such, Headspace requests that individuals who have received coaching or clinical services at Headspace wait until their care with Headspace is complete before applying for a position. If someone with a Headspace account is hired for a position, please note their account will be deactivated and they will not be able to use Headspace services for the duration of their employment.
Further, if Headspace cannot find a role that fails to resolve an ethical issue associated with a dual relationship, Headspace may need to take steps to ensure ethical obligations are being adhered to, including a delayed start date or a potential leave of absence. Such steps would be taken to protect both the former member, as well as any relevant individuals from their care team, from impairment, risk of exploitation, or harm.
For how how we will use the personal information you provide as part of the application process, please see: https://www.headspace.com/applicant-notice
More jobs like this
San Francisco, CA or … San Francisco, CA or Remote (in the … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 111K - 136K USD 111K+
Code for America
Senior Analytics EngineerBigQuery Business Intelligence Dagster Data Analytics Data pipelines Data quality +19
401(k) matching Career development Cell phone stipend Competitive pay Equity +11
Boston, MA OR REMOTE Boston, MA OR REMOTE Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 155K - 342K * USD 155K+ *
Data Analytics LeadArchitecture Business Intelligence Computer Science Data Analytics Data pipelines Data visualization +10
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +7
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs