Data Engineer, INDIA
WPPWPP is the creative transformation company. We use the power of creativity to build better futures for our people, clients and communities.
WPP is the creative transformation company. We use the power of creativity to build better futures for our people, planet, clients, and communities.
Working at WPP means being part of a global network of more than 109,000 accomplished people in 110 countries. WPP has headquarters in New York, London and Singapore and a corporate presence in major markets worldwide.
We create transformative ideas and outcomes for our clients through an integrated offer of communications, experience, commerce, and technology.
WPP and our award-winning agencies work with most of the world's biggest companies and organisations – from Ford, Unilever and P&G to Google, HSBC, and the UN. Our clients include 61 of the FTSE 100, 317 of the Fortune Global 500, all 30 of the Dow Jones 30 and 62 of the NASDAQ 100. WPP are the leader in the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index and 8th in the FTSE 100 rankings for Women on Boards.
Why we're hiring:
As a Data Engineer in the WPP Flex Hub, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of scalable data solutions providing enterprise-scale data transformation across a broad range of projects by supporting Flexible Talent and the People Operations Team.
Your role will be focused on delivery solutions that leverage large scale data ingestion, processing, storage/querying, streaming & batch analytics. As part of a team, you will deliver world-class solutions designed by our team by estimating, designing, coding, testing, deploying, and ensuring scalability and performance using the latest frameworks and platforms.
As a hands-on technologist with an extensive data engineering background, you will be joining the People team who are passionate about building the best possible solutions for our business and endorse a culture of life-long learning and collaboration.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, build, test and maintain data pipelines (ETL), according to business and technical requirements.
- Implement secure platforms with data governance in mind.
- Expertise in any applicant tracking system such as beeline, greenhouse, jobvite, etc.
- Play a key role in automation and building industry leading solutions against architectural best practices.
- Data consolidation, visual representation, quality control, power query, conditional formatting, advanced charting, pivot tables, flash fill, functions, data validation, manipulation, macros, data simulations would be major part of this role.
- Recognize business requirements in the context of BI and create data models to transform raw data into relevant insights
- Using Power BI, create dashboards and interactive visual reports
- Analyze data and display it in reports to aid decision-making
- Convert business needs into technical specifications and establish a timetable for job completion
- Propose technical designs and develop integrations.
- Deliver data migrations between legacy & modern platforms
- Design & deliver data warehousing solutions and key data engineering workstreams for any required solution.
- Support cross-functional teams across the data space.
What you'll need:
- 7+ years of overall experience in data analysis with expertise in 3+ years in Applicant Tracking System like Beeline, Greenhouse and Jobvite.
- Experience designing and building scalable distributed data pipelines and dimensional data models
- Background with BI tools and systems such as Power BI
- Prior experience in data-related tasks
- Mastery in data analytics
- Query building (MS SQL)
- Competence in MS Office – including Project
- Must possess people analytics skills
- Beeline reporting is a very strong plus
- Exposure to data science / ML is a plus
- A demonstrable understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and Agile practices,
- Fluency in English.
Who you are:
You're open: We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are accepting: of new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You're optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with conviction: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You're extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we provide extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, inspired people – We promote a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and complete projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?
WPP is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
Please read our Privacy Notice for more information on how we process the information you provide.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Flex hours
More jobs like this
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs