AWS Data Engineer
Redwood MaterialsIf you love sustainability, chemistry, materials science, advanced equipment design, automation, and seeing your hard work pay off, you will enjoy building your career here.
About Redwood MaterialsRedwood Materials was founded in 2017 to create a circular supply chain for electric vehicles and clean energy products, making them more sustainable and driving down the cost for batteries. We’re doing this by developing and deploying new technologies to increase the scope and scale of recycled and sustainable materials in the global battery supply chain.
AWS Data Engineer
Redwood Materials is looking for motivated and talented data engineers to help model and manage data assets in a data lake architecture, overseeing the full data lifecycle from ingestion to processing to consumption. The ideal candidate is someone experienced with both data engineering and creating/managing/supporting AWS infrastructure. This is an opportunity to join during a critical growth phase and build green field software experiences and capabilities which will have a significant impact on the company’s day-to-day operations and ability to scale.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build and manage a data lake in AWS leveraging and augmenting existing LakeFormation based architecture.
- Build and maintain data pipelines from a variety of data sources, including streaming datasets, APIs, and various data stores, leveraging PySpark and AWS Glue.
- Create data sets from the data lake to support various use cases, such as business analytics, dashboards, reports and machine learning.
- Drive technical decisions on the best ways to serve data consumers (data warehouse vs. search engine databases, etc.).
- Leverage existing AWS architectures and design new ones where needed, using the CDK tool kit.
- Operationalize data workloads in AWS, automating pipelines and implementing appropriate monitoring.
- Work with cross functional teams to discover business needs and design appropriate data flows.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience developing data solutions in a modern cloud environment.
- Fluency in Python.
- Experience authoring and maintaining ETL jobs (PySpark experience a plus).
- Experience designing and interacting with relational and non-relational data stores.
- Experience with AWS ecosystem and resources and using Infrastructure-as-code methodologies (CDK a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to manage production data workloads (detecting and diagnosing issues, monitoring).
- A passion for excellence and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Denver, Colorado, United States Denver, Colorado, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 95K - 115K USD 95K+
Data EngineerAWS Business Intelligence Computer Science Data management Data pipelines Engineering +9
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
United States - Remote United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 35K - 65K * USD 35K+ *
Pre-Sales Machine Learning Solutions Engineer - US RemoteBig Data Computer Science Engineering GitHub Machine Learning NLP +6
Career development Conferences Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs