Senior Field AI Scientist (US, Remote or Hybrid)
Fiddler AIMonitor, explain, analyze, and improve ML models and LLM applications with Fiddler AI. Gain visibility and actionable insights with our AI Observability platform.
Fiddler partners with AI-first organizations to help build a long-term framework for responsible AI practices, which, in turn, builds trust with their user base. Data Science, MLOps, and business teams use Fiddler AI to monitor, explain, analyze, and improve their AI solutions to identify performance gaps, mitigate bias, and drive better outcomes. Our platform enables engineering teams and business stakeholders alike to understand the “why” and how behind model outcomes.
Our FoundersFiddler AI is founded by Krishna Gade (engineering leadership at Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Microsoft) and Amit Paka (two-time founder with acquisitions by Samsung and PayPal and product roles at Expedia and Microsoft). We are backed by Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Lux Capital.
Why Join UsOur team is motivated to unlock the AI opaque box and help society harness the power of AI. Joining us means you get to make an impact by helping reduce algorithmic bias and ensure that models in production across many different industries are transparent and ethical. We are an early-stage startup and have a rapidly growing team of intelligent and empathetic doers, thinkers, creators, builders, and everyone in between. The AI and ML industry has a rapid pace of innovation and the learning opportunities here are monumental. This is your chance to be a trailblazer.
Fiddler is recognized as a pioneer in the field of AI Observability and has received numerous accolades, including: 2022 a16z Data50 list, 2021 CB Insights AI 100 most promising startups, 2020 WEF Technology Pioneer, 2020 Forbes AI 50 most promising startups of 2020, and a 2019 Gartner Cool Vendor in Enterprise AI Governance and Ethical Response. By joining our brilliant (at least we think so) team, you will help pave the way in the AI Observability space.
What You'll Do:
- Provide technical (data science and data integration) subject matter experience for customer sales discussions, customer demos and customer onboarding
- Own customer data science initiatives, including integrating customer machine learning, deep learning and LLM models with Fiddler's product to provide interpretability and insight into model performance
- Enable customers to solve complex problems using Fiddler’s product - including problem framing, model building, model import, running explanations, etc.
- Advocate on behalf of the customer by identifying customer needs, pain points and collaborate with the Product management team on features and roadmap.
- Keep pace with state-of-the-art approaches and innovate on behalf of the customer by publishing real life use cases leveraging current research
- Write blogs that align current AI regulations with solutions to build trust and empower customers, users, and governance boards
- Create enablement content to simplify the use of Fiddler to increase adoption
What We're Looking For:
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science (AI/ML/LLM specialization), Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent
- 4+ years of real-world experience in a role such as Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, or as an Engineer working with ML models in production
- Essential ML engineering skills, such as Kubernetes, public Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP), data pipeline and orchestration tools
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch or Scikit-learn
- Understanding of ML/DS/LLM concepts, model evaluation strategies and lifecycle (feature generation, model training, model deployment, batch, and real time scoring via REST APIs), and engineering considerations
- Strong coding skills, preferably in Python
- Experience with large-scale industrial applications of deep learning in domains like Computer Vision, NLP and/or Speech-to-Text, a plus
- Excellent organizational, communication, writing, and interpersonal skillsCuriosity, ownership, empathy towards customers, willingness to learn new things, and desire to inspire others are values we care deeply about at Fiddler
- Open to remote candidates within the US. Hybrid opportunities are within the SF Bay Area.
The posted range represents the expected salary range for this job requisition and does not include any other potential components of the compensation package, benefits, and perks previously outlined. Ultimately, in determining pay, we'll consider your experience, leveling, location, and other job-related factors.
Fiddler is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Tags: AI governance APIs AWS Azure Computer Science Computer Vision Deep Learning Engineering GCP Industrial Kubernetes LLMs Machine Learning Mathematics ML models MLOps Model deployment Model training NLP Python PyTorch Research Responsible AI Scikit-learn Statistics TensorFlow
More jobs like this
Mountain View, CA / … Mountain View, CA / Remote friendly (US … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 137K - 215K USD 137K+
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Health care +4
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs