Research Engineer, R&D
United States - Remote
VERSESVERSES is a cognitive computing company building next-generation intelligent systems modeled after the Wisdom and Genius of Nature.
Research Engineer - R&D
Remote - US, Canada, UK, EU Only
VERSES is a cognitive computing company specializing in next-gen intelligent software modeled after natural systems and the design principles of the human brain and the human experience. We are a distributed, diverse, and inclusive workforce that aspires to do our best work on important problems with exceptional people and we value AUDACITY, ASSERTIVENESS, ALIGNMENT, ACCOUNTABILITY, ABUNDANCE & AWESOMENESS.
We’re looking for trailblazers and problem solvers passionate about tackling important global-scale challenges so if that sounds appealing, let’s imagine a smarter world together!
Make an Impact
If you are looking to help us reimagine the world, come join us:
VERSES is looking for a Research Engineer on our R&D team to be a point person and act as a liaison to bridge the operational gap between Innovations & R&D.
Your involvement will help improve any current or future research and standards to guide artificial intelligence and autonomous systems towards model-based bayesian architectures. Your research efforts will allow researchers and engineers to carry out applications in innovative projects.
You will be responsible for translating hybrid active inference and machine learning cutting edge research into proofs of concept and demos for WEB3 applications and spatialized intelligence that can translate to customer focused products , as well as execute benchmarking work for each proof of concept to establish which solution is best suited for customer purposes as well as the implementation of HSML, under the direction of the Director of innovation.
Your core responsibility will be to execute the plan elaborated by the R&D leadership & Innovation leadership, and utilize a broad range of programming skills in order to formalize the codebases leveraged from active inference research such that they can be easily implemented, in collaboration with other researchers and engineers in the R&D and Product Departments. You must understand HSML and HSTP specifications, and be able to iterate over their development and implementation. They must understand active inference and machine learning in order to help the innovations team bring forward proof of concepts.
Essential Functions - a/k/a Your Mission
- You will help with the R&D team’s efforts on research, patents, white papers, presentations, illustrations, reference examples, demos and other projects as needed.
- You will help with documentation to help with efforts at product research, and to produce proofs of concept, demos, and benchmarks, which can be shown to clients and then productized by other departments.
- You will help create visualizations for proofs of concept, demos, and benchmarks
- You will help produce workable APIS to pass on to Product engineering teams
- You will work on codebase and project documentation
- You will contribute to specific lines of development and innovation work, to help others who are accountable for product development to implement and operationalize research results
Great to Haves
Who You Are… [we aren’t looking for perfect…even if you bring some of these things to the table, go ahead and apply!]
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or science.
- Advanced degree in computer science
- Fluent with Python and other programming languages.
- Basic understanding of writing protocols.
- Solid algorithm design skills.
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with machine learning
- Familiarity with Active Inference
- Familiarity with Bayesian approaches
- Ability to cooperate with multi-disciplinary teams
Aside from being a culture of highly-engaged, collegial, and energized people, at VERSES, we offer:
- Global virtual work environment (although some positions may need to operate within specific time zones)
- 100% Company paid medical, dental & vision benefits
- Financial and Mental Health wellness programs
- Paid time off includes: responsible time off policy (RTO), sick time complying with all State and Federal guidelines, and of course... Company recognized Holidays!!
- Vested interest in developing and growing our people
- Generous total rewards package which includes equitable base pay, potential for bonuses, equities.
- The pay range for our roles are market based and commensurate with skills and experience; with the salary ranging from $100,000 - $120,000 for a Research Engineer.
- For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- For positions in Colorado, according to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range is $100,000 - $120,000, plus may be eligible for an annual discretionary bonus. Actual compensation within that range will be dependent upon the individual's skills, experience, qualifications, and applicable laws.
- For positions in New York City, the salary range is $100,000 - $120,000, plus may be eligible for an annual discretionary bonus. Actual compensation within that range will be dependent upon the individual's skills, experience, qualifications, and applicable laws.
- Regular, Full-time
- Fully Remote
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging:
At VERSES, we value diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. VERSES will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Recruitment Agencies or IT Outsourcing
Thank you for your interest in wanting to help out as a recruitment or IT outsourcing partner. We currently are not accepting additional help from external vendors. No agencies please.
More jobs like this
San Francisco, CA or … San Francisco, CA or Remote (in the … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 111K - 136K USD 111K+
Code for America
Senior Analytics EngineerBigQuery Business Intelligence Dagster Data Analytics Data pipelines Data quality +19
401(k) matching Career development Cell phone stipend Competitive pay Equity +11
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs