US - Remote
WaymarkWaymark connects you with a local care team, including community health workers, therapists, pharmacists, and care coordinators to help you get and stay healthy.
Waymark is a team of healthcare providers, technologists, and builders whose mission is to bring the best healthcare to people with Medicaid benefits. Guided by the communities we serve, we bring support and technology-enabled care to help primary care providers keep Medicaid patients healthy. We are building the tools and designing an approach to enable care to reach the patients who can benefit most.
Our core values embody the essence of what makes Waymark a unique team today, and what we look for, nurture, and sustain as a team. We are bold builders, believing that the greatest challenges in care delivery can be solved when we harness the power of community and technology. We are humble learners, seeking feedback and perspectives different from our own, and welcome challenges to our conclusions. We experiment to improve, actively seeking data to inform decisions and to assess our own performance. We act with focused urgency, our commitment to our mission drives us to tirelessly pursue results.
If this vision resonates with you, we hope you consider bringing your creativity, your energy, your curiosity to Waymark.
About this role
At Waymark, the engineering challenges we face are related to building products and data pipelines that enable care delivery teams (community health workers, social workers, pharmacists, and care coordinators) to support patients facing major health challenges.
As a mid-level data engineer, you will develop data pipelines and transformations to ingest healthcare eligibility and claims data into an AWS environment. The data is then loaded into our built-from-scratch Patient Relationship Management (PRM) Web app as well as into other internal data stores, to enable usage by other internal teams, such as Data Science for machine learning to identify how to best prioritize patients and match them to key interventions. You will engage in problem-solving around diverse types of data: from text messages from patients and healthcare notes that will be used for natural language processing by our Data Science team, to messy healthcare claims that our Analytics team processes to study costs and outcomes, to ADT (admit / discharge / transfer) feeds that Engineering must translate to nearly real-time notifications of when one of our patients has arrived in an emergency room. You will develop new pipelines and maintain existing ones, creatively working with the Product, Data Science, and Analytics teams, among others, to understand the services being delivered and the key IP being developed to more efficiently and effectively deliver that service.
- Develop and maintain data pipelines for healthcare eligibility and claims data, healthcare notes and conversations with patients, and the outputs of machine learning pipelines that help us prioritize and match patients to interventions
- Guide the development of the appropriate selection of platforms and services to address our technical challenges, with a focus on improving service delivery efficiency, e.g., through automation, and highlighing insights from data science, e.g., showcasing machine learning insights in our PRM
- Debug and resolve production issues and implement fixes for them.
- Collaborate across teams and with external stakeholders to solve technical and non-technical challenges.
- Provide mentorship and partnership to team members on topics such as technical designs, software development, testing / quality, etc
- 7+ years of commercial experience in data engineering
- Mastery of Python and SQL
- Foundational knowledge of data lakes and relevant cloud technologies
- Experience with implementing and using APIs
- Experience with Agile methods and iterative development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an Engineering / STEM field
- You can work USA Eastern Time hours (This to ensure effective, synchronous collaboration between teammates and with other teams.)
- Experience with healthcare eligibility and claims, HL7/FHIR standards, and healthcare data security, e.g., HIPAA, HITRUST
- Early-stage startup experience
- Experience with DevOps practices and technologies
- Early-stage startup experience
- Experience in health care or in other mission-driven organizations
Languages and Technologies
- CI/CD pipelines
- Cloud databases such as PostgresSQL / MySQL and ORMs such as Prisma.
Salary Range: $119,000.00 - $180,000.00. Compensation will depend on multiple factors, including job location, training, education, and experience.
Benefits and Other Compensation: Medical, vision, dental, basic life insurance, and stock options available for the hired applicant. Employees also receive twenty (20) vacation days, accrued over the year and eleven (11) paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Sixteen (16) weeks of parental leave for birthing parents will also be available for use after successful completion of six (6) months of employment, eight (8) weeks of bonding leave for non-birthing parents. Employees are able to enroll in our 401(k) plan and commuter benefits plan.
COVID Vaccination: Waymark has adopted a policy on mandatory full vaccination to safeguard our employees, our partners, and the patients we serve from the hazard of COVID-19. As a healthcare company, we believe it is important for our employees and actions to reflect the best available science and the interests of public health. You will be asked to attest to your COVID vaccination status before an offer of employment is made.
More jobs like this
San Francisco, CA or … San Francisco, CA or Remote (in the … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 111K - 136K USD 111K+
Code for America
Senior Analytics EngineerBigQuery Business Intelligence Dagster Data Analytics Data pipelines Data quality +19
401(k) matching Career development Cell phone stipend Competitive pay Equity +11
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs