Staff Data Engineer - Maritime
KplerUnlock global trade intelligence with Kpler. Real-time data for businesses to plan, grow, and thrive sustainably.
Working at Kpler means you'll be a key player in turning complex data into strategic resources for our clients. Your role involves creating data-driven stories that empower clients in their industries.
Your expertise helps Kpler navigate markets successfully. Your journey starts here, where innovation meets impact. Join our team of 500+ talented people from 35+ countries worldwide.
What you'll do:
We are looking for a Staff Data Engineer to join our freight team. This team is in charge of all features to provide analytics about the fleet of vessels (world wild) activity to our clients. Some of the exciting projects you could work on include:
• Building a new pipeline to feed a live database which is used by clients and research teams to produce useful insight on the commodity market• Building new features for our core platform including metrics & forecasting as well as scaling and stabilizing our data pipelines
As a Staff Data Engineer, you will:
• Encourage code reviews in your team,• Act as a mentor for our junior engineers as the Tech lead for the freight team• Monitor the quality and performance of deliverables (using SLI/SLO, alerts, dashboards), • Helps the product manager define development-ready tickets• Find efficient ways to tackle challenges using the relevant and up to date technologies• Work across the stack to deliver new features from start-to-finish• Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company• Actively share knowledge and document insights to support continuous team improvement and collaboration• We also expect you to be able to build API to propagate the data across the systemOur
Tech stack includes:
• VueJs and more on the frontend• Python, Scala, Postgresql, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Spark, Snowflake and more on the backend• AWS, terraform and ansible for DevOps tools
You may be a fit if..
- You have at least 8 years of experience in a similar role including significant experience in Java, Scala or equivalent language. Typescript, Spark, Python are a plus.
- You value clean code, performance and details.
- You are familiar with building ETL and data pipelines, using asynchronous framework is a plus.
- You are comfortable with SQL and NoSQL databases for OLTP and OLAP usages.
- You have demonstrated that you can learn and adapt quickly
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment
- You are fluent in English and have experience working in an international environment
We're a dynamic company dedicated to nurturing connections and innovating solutions that tackle market challenges head-on. If you're driven by customer satisfaction and thrive on turning ideas into reality, then you've found your ideal destination. Are you prepared to embark on this exciting journey with us?
we make things happenWe act decisively and with purpose, and we like to go the extra mile.
we build togetherWe foster relationships and develop creative solutions to address market challenges with cool features and solutions.
hey, how can i help you today?Being accessible and supportive to colleagues and clients with a friendly approach is essential.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs