Staff Back-end Engineer - (Cargo Models)
KplerUnlock global trade intelligence with Kpler. Real-time data for businesses to plan, grow, and thrive sustainably.
Working at Kpler means you'll be a key player in turning complex data into strategic resources for our clients. Your role involves creating data-driven stories that empower clients in their industries.
Your expertise helps Kpler navigate markets successfully. Your journey starts here, where innovation meets impact. Join our team of 500+ talented people from 35+ countries worldwide.
The Cargo Models team is responsible for some of our core data pipelines. You’ll participate in the evolution of our backend data platform and related services, with the aim of extracting and consolidating disparate data sources, applying algorithms to large datasets and making them available to both internal and external clients.
- Provide architectural guidance and technical hands-on leadership.
- Drive the very best engineering practices and architectural standards.
- Demonstrate strong software development skills in back-end and database technologies.
- Shape the roadmap in collaboration with the product team. Help the team build ambitious yet sustainable plans.
- Push for operational excellence: build robust, scalable, cost efficient applications.
- Make sure the team commits to its SLO and help improve it.
You are or have...
- BSc/MSc in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent.
- Significant experience working with Python, Scala (or equivalent language) and Kafka.
- Proven track record of architecting and developing scalable data pipelines, using asynchronous frameworks.
- Have experience with DevOps and Infrastructure as Code practices.
- Proficiency in building and consuming RESTful APIs.
- You are comfortable with SQL and NoSQL databases for OLTP and OLAP usages.
Nice to have
- Have knowledge of Spark.
- Have worked with ElasticSearch.
- Have experience with AWS (or another cloud provider), using Terraform.
- Have some experience with Typescript.
we make things happenWe act decisively and with purpose, and we like to go the extra mile.
we build togetherWe foster relationships and develop creative solutions to address market challenges with cool features and solutions.
hey, how can i help you today?Being accessible and supportive to colleagues and clients with a friendly approach is essential.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs