Manager, Data Engineering
Thirty MadisonThirty Madison is a family of specialized healthcare brands creating exceptional outcomes for all.
Manager ll, Data Engineering
We are looking for a Tech Lead Manager to help shape the future of Data Engineering at Thirty Madison and fulfill the team mission of “Make all the Data Available - correctly, quickly and affordably”. You will lead a small and mighty team through designing, implementing and maintaining the platform that empowers fast and high quality decision making across the business. You will succeed in this role, if you find joy in bringing people together across many functions to solve problems, you have a strong desire to remain technical and above all, you embody the Thirty Madison mission of transforming healthcare through affordability, accessibility and quality.
Thirty Madison is at a pivotal point in its growth, making it an exciting and opportune moment to join the team - jump aboard!
Comp | Perks | Benefits
- The base pay range for this position is $148,000 - $203,500 per year.**
- Competitive Salary + Annual Incentive Plan + Stock Option Package
- Robust and affordable Health, Dental, and Vision plan options
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $500 happiness stipend
- Flexible time off policy
- Career growth opportunities
** Within the range, individual compensation will be determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, and skills. Please note that the compensation range listed reflects the base salary only, and does not include incentive target, equity, or benefits.”
What you get to do every day
- Lead, mentor and manage a talented data engineering team, fostering project success and individual career growth.
- Dive into hands-on work across our data stack, from Data Lake and Warehouse to ETL platforms and Cloud Infrastructure.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company, ensuring effective engagement and management.
- Partner closely with Analytics Engineering, Product Engineering, and Platform Engineering, to develop a culture of “shift left”
- Develop, iterate, and execute the Data Engineering Strategy for lasting impact and success.
- Maintain, refine and innovate on our Data Architecture to meet SLAs and evolving needs.
- Balance constraints across cost, security, compliance, quality, and other factors in decision-making.
- Participate in our on-call rotation and manage incidents to resolution.
What you bring to the role
- Proficiency with line managing (eg. project management, capacity planning, stakeholder management) and people managing (career growth, expectation setting, performance management, fostering positive culture)
- Background in Data Engineering, excelling in fundamentals (eg. architecture, patterns, databases, schema design, programming) and proficient in managing trade offs
- Proficiency and recent hands on experience in maintaining, developing, iterating on and reasoning about systems both technical (eg. ETLs, cost management) and non-technical (eg. SLAs)
- A passion and eagerness to develop and foster a Data Driven culture across a business
- A problem-first and ownership mentality - identifying problems up to the org-level (eg. process, culture) and driving them to completion
- Elegantly manage stakeholders across a diverse range of functions, even when priorities change
- Experience working in healthcare, or similar regulated spaces
- Experience working as a Software Engineer or DBA or Analytics Engineer or Data Scientist or Product Management or any adjacent role!
- And because no job description is complete without them, here is a list of technologies we use! Note that we are more interested in experience with concepts and comfort in translating to new technologies than finding someone with a complete match:
- AWS (always preferring managed solutions eg. RDS, MSK, EKS, etc)
U.S. Applicants Only
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Thirty Madison we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is a family of specialized healthcare brands devoted to creating exceptional outcomes for all. Each of its specialized brands is focused on a specific ongoing condition, and thoughtfully designed to support the unique needs of its community with personalized treatments and care; with Keeps for men's hair loss, Cove for migraine, Facet for skin conditions, and NURX for sexual health. With empathy at the heart of its innovation, its proprietary care model empowers hundreds of thousands of people with ongoing conditions with the accessible, effective treatments across a lifetime of care. In just four years, we’ve built a number of brands and are continuing to grow rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
We are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on BuiltIn's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. We've also been recognized by Forbes' Best Startup Employers, being named as one of America's Best Places to Work 2022. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day. Learn more at ThirtyMadison.com.
*This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.*
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are falsely claiming to be or represent Thirty Madison in order to solicit sensitive personal information or payment. Thirty Madison is not in any way associated with these entities or practices. The safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us is of the utmost importance and we actively work with our legal and security teams to prevent future incidents.
Thirty Madison will never ask for sensitive information or payment when engaging with job seekers. The entities use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including but not limited to: participating in a text-only interview, using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence, or providing you with a seemingly legitimate offer letter. If you suspect you are a victim of this scamming, we encourage you to cease further contact and report the crime to The Federal Trade Commission.
More jobs like this
Denver, Colorado, United States Denver, Colorado, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 95K - 115K USD 95K+
Data EngineerAWS Business Intelligence Computer Science Data management Data pipelines Engineering +9
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
United States - Remote United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 35K - 65K * USD 35K+ *
Pre-Sales Machine Learning Solutions Engineer - US RemoteBig Data Computer Science Engineering GitHub Machine Learning NLP +6
Career development Conferences Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Cambridge, MA, US, MA … Cambridge, MA, US, MA 02139 Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 92K - 154K * USD 92K+ *
Associate Director, IT Data Engineer (Remote)Airflow Architecture AWS Business Intelligence CI/CD Databricks +16
401(k) matching Career development Health care Insurance Medical leave +1
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs