Data Engineering Manager
Stitch FixStitch Fix is personal styling for men, women & kids that sends clothing to your door (with free shipping & returns). Get started & find clothes you'll love!
About the Team
The data engineering team is a small, nimble group of data engineers that drive the company toward clean and informative data. As a member of the data engineering team, you’ll contribute toward a clear, concise data model to help power data science, ETLs and tools to make us efficient, as well as self-service data and tools to facilitate scalable decision-making. As a team, we are driven by the thrill of helping our colleagues use data with less friction, which ultimately increases the velocity at which the business can progress!
About the Role
This is a Manager position on the data engineering team leading a team that focuses on our Product, Marketing, Merchandise, Operations, CX and Styling data infrastructure. Your team will build and own large additions to our data engineering framework, contributing to a code framework that centralizes ETL logic and definitions. You’ll help us to define, build and maintain a clear, concise data model, especially focused on scalable product and marketing analytics infrastructure. Your team will build scalable data engineering solutions & frameworks to solve business and data problems. You will be involved in the day-to-day operations of the team, including maintaining and improving our current tools & scripts and supporting full-stack data scientists. You will have autonomy to help shape the future of data engineering at Stitch Fix by bringing your ideas on improving and automating what we do and how we do it.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work with different teams of business partners, data scientists and engineers on how to solve data and business problems in a scalable way
- Be part of a team which has high visibility across the organization
- Contribute ideas and direct the team’s investment to impactful directions
- Contribute to a culture of technical collaboration and scalable development
We’re excited about you because you have…
- Strong experience in building out scalable data models and data engineering capabilities, specifically around product and marketing analytics infrastructure
- Experience in leading a team
- 5+ years of independent project experience with significant contributions.
- Exceptional coding and design skills in Python and SQL
- Experience in working autonomously and taking ownership of projects.
- Ability to think globally, devising and building solutions to meet many needs rather than completing individual projects or tasks
- Strong prioritization skills with business impact in mind
- Familiarity with using Spark to access an S3 data warehouse
- Strong cross functional communication skills that help simplify and move complex problems forward with business partners
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
- We are a group of bright, kind people who are motivated by challenge. We value integrity, innovation and trust. You’ll bring these characteristics to life in everything you do at Stitch Fix.
- We cultivate a community of diverse perspectives— all voices are heard and valued.
- We are an innovative company and leverage our strengths in fashion and tech to disrupt the future of retail.
- We win as a team, commit to our work, and celebrate grit together because we value strong relationships.
- We boldly create the future while keeping equity and sustainability at the center of all that we do.
- We are the owners of our work and are energized by solving problems through a growth mindset lens. We think broadly and creatively through every situation to create meaningful impact.
- We offer comprehensive compensation packages and inclusive health and wellness benefits.
About Stitch Fix
We're changing the industry and bringing personal styling to every body. We believe in a service and a workplace where you can show up as your best, most authentic self. The Stitch Fix experience is not merely curated—it’s truly personalized to each client we style. We are changing the way people find what they love. We’re disrupting the future of retail with the precision of data science by combining it with human instinct to find pieces that fit our client’s unique style. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. This results in a simple, yet powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women and kids throughout the US and UK. We believe we are only scratching the surface and are looking for incredible people like you to help us boldly create our future.Compensation and Benefits
Our anticipated compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets, and the range below indicates the low end of the lowest-compensated market to the high end of the highest-compensated market. This position is eligible for new hire and ongoing grants of restricted stock units depending on employee and company performance. In addition, the position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external careers site.Salary Range$206,000—$220,000 USD
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
Recruiting Fraud Alert:
To all candidates: your personal information and online safety are top of mind for us. At Stitch Fix, recruiters only direct candidates to apply through our official career pages at https://www.stitchfix.com/careers/jobs or https://web.fountain.com/c/stitch-fix.
Recruiters will never request payments, ask for financial account information or sensitive information like social security numbers. If you are unsure if a message is from Stitch Fix, please email RecruitingOperations@stitchfix.com.
You can read more about Recruiting Scam Awareness on our FAQ page here: https://support.stitchfix.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500007169402-Recruiting-Scam-Awareness
More jobs like this
Denver, Colorado, United States Denver, Colorado, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 95K - 115K USD 95K+
Data EngineerAWS Business Intelligence Computer Science Data management Data pipelines Engineering +9
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
United States - Remote United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 35K - 65K * USD 35K+ *
Pre-Sales Machine Learning Solutions Engineer - US RemoteBig Data Computer Science Engineering GitHub Machine Learning NLP +6
Career development Conferences Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Cambridge, MA, US, MA … Cambridge, MA, US, MA 02139 Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 92K - 154K * USD 92K+ *
Associate Director, IT Data Engineer (Remote)Airflow Architecture AWS Business Intelligence CI/CD Databricks +16
401(k) matching Career development Health care Insurance Medical leave +1
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs