Online Data Engineering Course Instructor - Java (Freelance)
Who We Are:
At DataCamp, we're not just a platform; we're the catalyst for a data-fluent world. We enable individuals and businesses to leap forward in data science, providing them with top-tier education, certification, and collaboration tools.
By the Numbers:
- 400+ dynamic courses
- 270+ renowned instructors from 35 Countries
- 90+ hands-on projects
- 12 million+ global learners
We're proud to be backed by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice, and Arthur Ventures, aiming to hit $100M ARR in the upcoming years. While our roots are in New York City, our presence spans London to Leuven, with a vibrant team of 200+ members working both on-site and remotely.
About the content:
We are looking for an instructor to develop our Introduction to Java course.
This interactive Introduction to Java course, based on Java LTS, is tailored specifically for beginners with no previous programming experience, targeting those pursuing software or data engineering careers. This course introduces fundamental concepts, ranging from writing code comments and executing arithmetic operations to exploring Java's primitive and non-primitive data types. Learners will learn to manage information by declaring variables and employing a variety of data structures. They will understand comparison operators and use them interactively to execute code based on certain conditions. The course concludes with an exploration of for and while loops as well as switch statements.
We are looking to begin development in end of February.
About Course Development:
High Quality course content and top-tier instruction are critical to our success. As an instructor, you will work with our content team to build a best-in-class data course that helps learners grasp new concepts and practice them through a hands-on learning experience! To be successful, you will need to take ownership over course development and production, collaborate with our curriculum experts and content team, and dedicate approximately 10-15 hours per week over 3-4 months. Our curriculum experts and content developers will help you every step of the way as you create the course!
You’ll receive a multitude of benefits as a DataCamp instructor, from building on your personal brand to scaling your impact to a global audience of 12+ million data professionals! You’ll also get monetary compensation, and access to our DataCamp network and resources!
Check us out at http://www.datacamp.com/create to learn more about creating content with us!
*Please note that this is a part-time, contract, remote position.
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs